~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

Increasingly paranoid about leaks, the president has repeatedly mused about administering lie detector tests to White House officials.

17 hours ago, Reputator said:

I genuinely believe that the public has turned away from the news, either sick of hearing about Trump, or honestly believing that there couldn't possibly be SO MUCH wrong with the administration as the media makes it seem, and slowly siding with Trump's narrative of persecution.

There is literally zero of anything to indicate any of this. His poll numbers dropped as much as Hillary's did post-Comey letter on her way to losing, and support for impeaching/removing the president has increased.

It's also irrelevant what the polls say. Nixon could have shared some far superior polls in the 70s. It just doesn't matter since they're a current snapshot, not a prognosticator of a month from now or a year from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I thought you might like this story from The Washington Post.
Poll: Majority of Americans say they endorse opening of House impeachment inquiry of Trump
https://wapo.st/2LXfDrf

Maybe we shouldn't:

A) read the hill

B) listen to Republicans about an unpublished poll they had commissioned

C) A&B

I love it. This poll shows nearly 30% support among Republicans. The first polls coming out had it around 11%. That’s a good amount of progress. 

48 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Yeah its a really bad idea to go from partisan polling data that hasn't been released publicly, lol.

Almost 20% of republicans in the post poll think Trump should be removed, thats a REALLY bad sign.

The internal GOP poll is a bit unique in where they asked the question, but it seems to be an outlier with the rest of the polling data. I would like to see more polls that focus on battleground districts. The latest WaPo article indicates support of impeachment is on its way up, and taken together with previous polls showing upward momentum, I think it would look much better than the poll I posted yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Too bad the guy who shot Scalise didn't have better aim.

Can't wait for Republicans to exercise the constitutional right of the chamber to determine the qualifications of it's members under article 1 section 5 and refuse to administer the oath of office to democrats.

White House says it will not cooperate with House impeachment inquiry

Well this is rather extraordinary. I guess Trump is just counting on the Supreme Court to decide that Congress has no power to investigate the President for anything?

In a letter to House leaders, White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote that House Democrats’ recent actions violate “the Constitution, the rule of law, and every past precedent.” He criticized the impeachment inquiry as attempt to overturn the 2016 presidential election results and to influence the upcoming 2020 campaign.

“In order to fulfill his duties to the American people, the Constitution, the Executive Branch, and all future occupants of the Office of the Presidency, President Trump and his Administration cannot participate in your partisan and unconstitutional inquiry under these circumstances,” Cipollone wrote.

An attempt to overturn the election in 2016 and influence 2020? If the investigation involves elected officials, it's always going to be about people elected in a previous election, and since there is always an upcoming election, that line of argument is basically that you can't investigate elected officials.