~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

On 10/6/2019 at 11:27 AM, Brick said:

Incorrect. If you are directly quoting someone, and their sentence ends then yes you use a period in the quotation marks, but if you are just quiting a random thing, and then continuing your sentence afterwards, then you do not put the period in the quotation marks. So me doing something like "this" would be "correct". 

That is the British style. The MLA and Chicago Manual of Style seem to both agree that in the US, the ending of the quoted phrase is inconsequential to the placement of periods or commas. Exceptions exist for other punctuation marks, such as semicolons, colons, dashes, question marks, and exclamation points, but I didn't see any listed exceptions for periods or commas.

Personally, the British style always made more sense to me, but I tend to stick to the US convention out of habit.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

That is the British style. The MLA and Chicago Manual of Style seem to both agree that in the US, the ending of the quoted phrase is inconsequential to the placement of periods or commas. Exceptions exist for other punctuation marks, such as semicolons, colons, dashes, question marks, and exclamation points, but I didn't see any listed exceptions for periods or commas.

Personally, the British style always made more sense to me, but I tend to stick to the US convention out of habit.

I'm Canadian, so if course I use the British style; they made the language! :p

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Anyone who wonders how Republics become Empires need to play attention... when elected officials basically pay homage to a strongman President, we're not far from a dictatorship. There's a whole political party that basically owes their allegiance to this President and not the people or the constitution :|

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Anyone who wonders how Republics become Empires need to play attention... when elected officials basically pay homage to a strongman President, we're not far from a dictatorship. There's a whole political party that basically owes their allegiance to this President and not the people or the constitution :|

haha cry moar libcuck

Just now, Jason said:

haha cry moar libcuck

Lol I'm a black man raised muslim in the Untied States of America who came of age during the crack era and grew up hearing stories about how the Federal government infiltrated and helped destroy every pro-black movement in the 60's and 70's... Nothing I'm seeing now is a surprise to me or is particularly shocking. What I find amazing is that EVERYONE ELSE is just now seeing how hypocritical and corrupt a lot of these guys are ESPECIALLY the charlatans on The Right.  I'm also in the camp that you get the government you deserve in a democracy. A dumb populace is going to get a dumb government so... electing a clown and getting clownish results shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Decades from now we're gonna look back on the late 20th, early 21st Century as the "good old days" of Western Democracy.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol I'm a black man raised muslim in the Untied States of America who came of age during the crack era and grew up hearing stories about how the Federal government infiltrated and helped destroy every pro-black movement in the 60's and 70's... Nothing I'm seeing now is a surprise to me or is particularly shocking. What I find amazing is that EVERYONE ELSE is just now seeing how hypocritical and corrupt a lot of these guys are ESPECIALLY the charlatans on The Right.  I'm also in the camp that you get the government you deserve in a democracy. A dumb populace is going to get a dumb government so... electing a clown and getting clownish results shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Decades from now we're gonna look back on the late 20th, early 21st Century as the "good old days" of Western Democracy.

how did u type all dem wurdz thru ur salty libtard tears doe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He would be if the whistleblower here wasn't in witness protection because Trump has been telling his followers that the whistleblower deserves to die. Also, Trump would totally throw that person in jail if he knew their identity.

Is there examples of whistleblowers that have been treated similar to this man/women as far as being offered protection/not having to flee the country? 

Just now, SilentWorld said:

Is there examples of whistleblowers that have been treated similar to this man/women as far as being offered protection/not having to flee the country? 

How many legit whistleblowers have a legitimate fear for their lives after a legal whistleblower complaint? That is, going to the press with your complaint does not count as a legal whistleblower complaint. That article was suggesting that we as a country should expect whistleblowers to be abused by the system. That's just a ridiculous notion.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

As to the second point, in addition to the lies and projection I like how Trump can't even create conspiracies without at least one huge total non-sequitter

The whole thing about how the prosecutor was actually doing the opposite thing if he was going after Biden is exactly like how Trump supposedly fired Comey for being too mean to Hillary.

House GOP touts poll showing impeachment advantage for Republicans

According to the poll taken by Public Opinion Strategies for the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), 67 percent of independents see impeachment as politically motivated.

A memo obtained by The Hill that included information on the poll, which surveyed voters in 95 battleground districts, said that an anti-impeachment GOP candidate “who wants voters to decide the fate of the president in the next election” gets 50 percent support, compared to 42 percent for a pro-impeachment Democrat.

It also found that the anti-impeachment GOP candidate led the pro-impeachment Democrat in districts held by Republicans and Democrats. In Republican-held districts, the advantage was 53 percent to 40 percent, according to the poll, while the advantage was 47 percent to 43 percent in Democratic districts.

In districts won by President Trump but now held by Democrats, the advantage for Republicans, according to the memo, was 54 percent to 38 percent.

I've been keeping a close eye on polls related to impeachment and this one is NOT good. Public Opinion Strategies is B rated from fivethirtyeight with a +1.5 R bias.

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I've been keeping a close eye on polls related to impeachment and this one is NOT good. Public Opinion Strategies is B rated from fivethirtyeight with a +1.5 R bias.

Imagine if we lived in a world where house and senate members did what was best for the country instead of what was best for keeping their own positions.

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Imagine if we lived in a world where house and senate members did what was best for the country instead of what was best for keeping their own positions.

Imagine if we lived in a world where Fred Trump had pulled out. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

If true, the fault lies with the democratic establishment. Trump's allies were ready, and there been crickets since the opening of formal impeachment inquires

57 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

This is precisely why Pelosi was against it for so long, and a number of us here were saying that impeachment was not the politically expedient thing to do. I know it's beating a dead horse, but the most likely outcome is seriously that Trump continues making unimaginable decisions right up until the House completes its impeachment proceedings, and Trump goes on to win reelection.

I genuinely believe that the public has turned away from the news, either sick of hearing about Trump, or honestly believing that there couldn't possibly be SO MUCH wrong with the administration as the media makes it seem, and slowly siding with Trump's narrative of persecution.

Here's another case where Democrats have leverage but will probably refuse to use it

It's one thing to keep the ship afloat in a time of crisis, but if the other side isn't working in good faith, there's no reason to oblige, especially if it requires doing something that a *lot* of your base opposes.

I thought you might like this story from The Washington Post.
Poll: Majority of Americans say they endorse opening of House impeachment inquiry of Trump
https://wapo.st/2LXfDrf

Among the critical voting bloc of independents, support for the impeachment inquiry hits 57 percent, with 49 percent saying the House should vote to remove Trump from office.

Maybe we shouldn't:

A) read the hill

B) listen to Republicans about an unpublished poll they had commissioned

C) A&B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1