~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

BTW, referring to the transcript between Sondland and Taylor cited above, expect the following line to get a lot of play in the conservative mediasphere very soon:

This will most certainly be taken as an exoneration of Trump in the Ukraine matter and used to bolster the 'witch hunt' narrative, as well as deflect attention from any new improprieties that are revealed in the future.

Trump just mentioned this and this is the only text her referenced. He pretends like all of the other texts don't exist. He is really living in his own reality with all of his supporters.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm sure there is no political motivation of any kind, and ample evidence to warrant such an investigation!

Right. The fundamental difference being the Obama Justice Department kept that investigation secret, to not impact any presidential elections, and the Trump Justice Department (and now members of Congress) are publicly speaking about an investigation in to Joe Biden.

8 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

They're going to ignore the subpoena because the House hasn't officially voted on opening an impeachment inquiry. Then the House will vote on an impeachment inquiry and they'll ignore the subpoena because they're criminals hacks.

And as I understand it, the only reason Rs want a vote is because that gives them the authority to subpoena supporters of Trump.

2 hours ago, Firewithin said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/cia-s-top-lawyer-made-criminal-referral-whistleblower-s-complaint-n1062481

CIA Lawyer (trump appointee) makes criminal referral to doj........geeeeeee i wonder why this didnt get investigated

:hmm:

How substantive is a criminal referral? Is it “wow this is definitely a crime but I don’t have the authority to bring charges so here you go on a silver platter,” or is it “hmm this might be something can you take a closer look at it?”

I seriously can't wait to read about this bullshit in history books.

"On one end, we had awful tyrants like Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, and The Saudi Royal Family. And then there was Donald Trump, their biggest fan, who could only be a man when he was hiding behind a podium  yelling at reporters or from behind his Twitter account. Yes, remember Twitter accounts?"

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I seriously can't wait to read about this bullshit in history books.

Trump's successor in the Republican Party will not be the Romney's of the world. He's given, someone, a model for how to win and that executive power has no limit really.