Netflix buys exclusive rights to stream Seinfeld

Jason

21 minutes ago, elbobo said:

The residuals from this and Friends must be outrageous in terms of lifetime earnings 

I imagine Seinfeld himself and David will end up billionaires from this show alone, if they weren't already. Didn't they get $400 million each from the initial sindication rights sell off?

• 1 year later...

This is my current "background noise" show. I watch an episode or two every day.

It really does hold up. I don't know why I like it as much as I do, but the writing on this show is so tight and perfect. It really is a master class in comedic structure.

13 minutes ago, ort said:

This is my current "background noise" show. I watch an episode or two every day.

It really does hold up. I don't know why I like it as much as I do, but the writing on this show is so tight and perfect. It really is a master class in comedic structure.

You like it as much as you do because it’s fantastic.

Just showed my gf The Tape. She’s a big fan of that one :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I think people generally agree that the first season is mostly weak, but after that, it’s gold. 

The first two aren’t good. Three is decent - some classic episodes but it’s just starting to find its groove. Season 4 is when the show truly reaches god-tier.

Something feels missing in the last two seasons after Larry David leaves (8 and 9), but it’s not the huge dip like some fans pretend it is.

1 hour ago, ort said:

I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm. I need to check that out for sure.

Is that on HBO Max?

Curb is similar to Seinfeld for me. The first couple seasons really didn't do it for me that much but once it started rolling, it kept getting more outlandish and absurd, so funnier to me. The feud with the old lady culminating in the Judge Judy appearance in S9 was fucking amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's 16:9 when it runs on TV and if things get cut off, I haven't noticed them. Meh, it's fine. No one is watching Seinfeld for the cinematography...

Although are we sure that it's a crop? I saw an episode (the Hamptons) where George's girlfriend was topless and when she walked off frame it was clear she was wearing pasties or something (I rewound and freeze framed it, for, uh, science). It was something that happened because they were messing with aspect ratios. Google confirmed my suspision if I remember right. It didn't originally air that way in 4:3.