Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html

:dab:

Nuking Hurricanes: The Surprising History of a Really Bad Idea (National Geographic)

To be fair, though, there was a time when scientists and government agencies were themselves seriously considering the nuclear option. In a speech delivered at the National Press Club on October 11, 1961, Francis W. Riechelderfer, the head of the U.S. Weather Bureau, said he could “imagine the possibility someday of exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea.” (Although, comfortingly, Riechelderfer added that the Weather Bureau would not begin acquiring its own nuclear arsenal “until we know what we’re doing.”)

1 hour ago, Brick said:

He so badly wants to use a nuke, and will likely jump at any chance he gets to use one. 

You think Trump is erratic and unhinged now? Just wait until the US falls into a recession and he loses the 2020 election.

He’ll declare martial law and nuke Iran.

And I’m not joking.

12 hours ago, osxmatt said:

You think Trump is erratic and unhinged now? Just wait until the US falls into a recession and he loses the 2020 election.

He’ll declare martial law and nuke Iran.

And I’m not joking.

I believe he is recession proof because it will surely be Obama's fault :|

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

He so didn’t type that. I’m looking forward to the contradiction tweet later today. :)

18 hours ago, Jason said:

CNN: Why did the president take a shit on the Resolute desk?

Republicans: The president would never take a shit on the Resolute desk.

Trump: I HAVE AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO TAKE A SHIT ON THE RESOLUTE DESK!!!

• Haha 2