The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

27 minutes ago, Brick said:

They as in the Dixie Chicks, or they as in Winn-Dixie? 

Both, the word hasnt taken on a new meaning in the past few weeks/months they have been marketing them selves to certain demographic and now that demographic has stepped into the light they dont wanna be seen hand in hand with them.

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Both, the word hasnt taken on a new meaning in the past few weeks/months they have been marketing them selves to certain demographic and now that demographic has stepped into the light they dont wanna be seen hand in hand with them.

I don't know if the Dixie Chicks were marketing themselves to that demographic. They used to be pretty outspoken anti-Bush.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't know if the Dixie Chicks were marketing themselves to that demographic. They used to be pretty outspoken anti-Bush.

You can still market yourself to shit kickin racist and still be anti bush.

Dixie Chicks are great and I don’t even like country music much. They’re pretty progressive, always have been. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the one I have issues with. I like a lot of their music, but they still use confederate imagery in all their stuff. They tried to back off several years ago, but fans raged and they went back to their “its about state’s rights and heritage” bullshit. 

Tuesday’s Gone will always be one of my favorite songs, though. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/25/bet-founder-robert-johnson-slams-protesters-for-toppling-statues/amp/

“Look, the people who are basically tearing down statues, trying to make a statement are basically borderline anarchists, the way I look at it,” Johnson told FOX. “They really have no agenda other than the idea we’re going to topple a statue. It’s not going to close the wealth gap. It’s not going to give a kid whose parents can’t afford college money to go to college. It’s not going to close the labor gap between what white workers are paid and what black workers are paid. And it’s not going to take people off welfare or food stamps.”

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Right, it won’t lead to any of those things. All it will really lead to is the countries past being white washed, and that is more detrimental to the black community than any statue will every be.

I was around 11 years old, when I experienced the slave white wash first hand. We were on a family vacation, in South Carolina, and visited a tobacco plantation that had a history tour, thinking we’d get some slave history. Nope, first presentation, they walk through the entire history of the plantation. They never once referenced slaves, and the time period that followed the end of slavery they spoke to the decline of the plantation as factors of economics. The white people in the room ate it up, my mother turned us around and asked for her money back.

That was in the 90s, imagine what can be done in 50 years after remove the slave legacy from everyday education. It will be like Juneteenth, the Tulsa massacre, or how people think the only slave uprising was lead Nat Turner.

Pretty tired of white people thinking they know what’s best for the black community. Pretty tired of the black community signing up with everyone else’s Diversity and Inclusion when it only includes us (especially heterosexual black men) when it “necessary.”

"Because of what's going on in the world right now, attention goes directly to the African American community and how we can make it better," Tennessee State coach Brian "Penny" Collins added. "Playing for those universities, they make those universities better. There's a sentiment to do whatever they can to help their community. This is just one of the things on the list."

Hope to see things like this come to fruition, in all areas of the black community. The black community needs to take an isolationist approach, its the only thing that will save the community. 

"They want to reclaim their power. We need to care about us. It shouldn't be a crime that I want to go support my own." - North Carolina Central coach LeVelle Moton

35 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Why were they doing it before? 

Referring to athletic competitions between schools in the same state or city as a “Civil War” is pretty common.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/24/entertainment/idris-viola-hollywood-black-lives/index.html

"Hollywood has a privilege as a creative industry to imagine and create. We have significant influence over culture and politics," the letter reads. "We have the ability to use our influence to imagine and create a better world. Yet, historically and currently, Hollywood encourages the epidemic of police violence and culture of anti-Blackness.

"The way that Hollywood and mainstream media have contributed to the criminalization of Black people, the misrepresentation of the legal system, and the glorification of police corruption and violence have had dire consequences on Black lives."

Hollywood4BlackLives is a part of the BLD PWR organization founded by actor/activist Kendrick Sampson who currently stars as Nathan on the HBO series, "Insecure." HBO is owned by CNN's parent company.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

What is the alternative design? Best idea would be to replace the battle standard on flags with the Union Jack, like Canadian provinces.

I've only seen one which was basically like the Dutch flag with a the state seal on it, but they haven't passed anything yet, just saying he'll go along with it.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Watch them go all South Park on the flag

spacer.png

to the new design

spacer.png

That's pretty much exactly what Georgia did. Oh, well having the Confederate battle flag is racist, so let's switch to the official Confederate flag. I can't imagine Mississippi will fair better.