Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Information Thread, update: in-engine story trailer

58 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I liked KOTOR but it still irks me how meaningless they make lightsabers in that game.  They're about as lethal as a wiffle bat.

Nonsense, go all str, hit some stims with force speed and flurry and you can one shot the final boss. I honestly don't know how you can think they're weak unless you only put points into dexterity which didn't increase damage, which was traded off for increased defense. 

I’ll still get Fallen Order, but I wish we could see a different time period. 

I’d like to go even further back than KOTOR. Maybe to play as Exar Kun or some of the Jedi that fell or were banished by the council, became Sith, and sought to wage war with the Republic and Jedi. Allow us to truely play somebody bad/evil, and make cannon some more of the lore in Legends. 

I do hope fallen order isn’t a powered down Force Unleashed and we “help” create the rebellion.  

21 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Also, are all unknown Jedi Padawans fresh out of the academy, in which they did NOT complete their training, waaaay more powerful than return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker? 

Probably not. Luke does also get plot force powers, but it’s explained by his heredity. Not all Jedi were equal in power with the same level of training. Some are “stronger” in the force than others. With that, there is something to be said for being trained to use the force from the time you could walk, vs Luke training for a couple years.  

33 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Huh? 

The Last Jedi and Han Solo had a bit of a muted look.  They still have color of course, but the way it pops here is more reminiscent of Episodes 1-3.  For me anyways.

Think it’s a good thing.  I like seeing some variety to the way the Star Wars universe is presented.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Brick said:

I would play a game like that. Maybe for the sequel haha. Rise of the Inquisitors or something, and you play as an Inquisitor hunting down Jedi. 

This might have happened before Disney was involved, but doubt it now.

Narrative-wise it would be great if Starkiller ended up being the main antagonist. Gameplay-wise it would be great if this were a stealth game instead of a typical beat-em-up.

At the very least EA needs to finally make sure that a lightsaber actually cuts body parts off instead of it just being a glow stick that clubs people over the head =/