Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Information Thread, update: in-engine story trailer

Respawn's Star Wars title will get its full debut this upcoming weekend at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.  This is what we know about the game so far:

• Third-person, action adventure
  • Holiday 2019 release
  • Single player
  • Being developed in Unreal Engine 4 instead of the modified Source Engine used in Apex and Titanfall
  • Stig Asmussen (Director of God of War 3) is leading the team as game director
  • Chris Avellone (KotOR2, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas) did some story work, story/character reviews, and wrote cinematic scripts for the game
  • Jason de Heras is the Lead Combat Designer (Senior Combat Designer on God of War 3 and Ascension)
  • Canon to the Star Wars universe
  • Will be like "Force Unleashed without the Mountain Dew qualities"
  • Game has a "dark" tone and vibe to it
  • Narrative lead is Aaaron Contreras who was the lead narrative designer on Mafia III and narrative designer on Far Cry 3

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Mountain Dew qualities?"

I'm guessing they won't be using any extreme force usage scenarios, which TFU had (thus Mt. Dew). It kind of had to though, what with the name of the game. The story of the first one was pretty grounded as far as Star Wars goes and was kind of somber.

I'm hoping this game will be good, but my confidence in anything Star Wars is pretty low at this point.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Mountain Dew qualities?"

Meaning, playing won't give you diabetes.

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I wish!

Unfortunately, your character is a surviving Jedi Padawan.

As long as I can go full Dark Jedi dickhead in the game, I'm good to go :p 

27 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I want to care about this so much, but Star Wars fatigue is a thing that exists.

ehhh. the only star wars games I've played are N64s Shadow of the Empire (which I loved) and the first Force Unleashed (which I didn't) so I am excite!

EDIT: oh and Star Wars (1979) on the Apple II!

7 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

ehhh. the only star wars games I've played are N64s Shadow of the Empire (which I loved) and the first Force Unleashed (which I didn't) so I am excite!

Oh I haven't played a Star Wars game in ages. I'm just kinda over the whole damn franchise. Disney really saturated that shit. My wife and I visit our friends in Orlando every year, and every year it's like having a wet Star Wars sock slapping me in the face at every turn. (and with Star Wars Land coming, it's only going to get worse). I want to like Star Wars again, but it's like hearing a song one too many times.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Oh I haven't played a Star Wars game in ages. I'm just kinda over the whole damn franchise. Disney really saturated that shit. My wife and I visit our friends in Orlando every year, and every year it's like having a wet Star Wars sock slapping me in the face at every turn. (and with Star Wars Land coming, it's only going to get worse). I want to like Star Wars again, but it's like hearing a song one too many times.

ahh, I see.  You like Marvel? :lol:

I'm expecting a 12-15 hour single player campaign, that will essentially be a slightly longer version of a CoD/TF2 campaign.  Lots of big set-pieces, and crazy situations -- but very light on real story/characters and the "RPG" systems that have become the norm.

I'm certainly not getting any Star Wars fatigue -- I love this franchise, and had zero interest in the Battlefront games.

5 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

You should play Kotor and Republic Commando. The Universe still has a lot of potential as long as they are willing to try some different stuff.

6 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

It should be considered a crime to have not played the greatest Star Wars games ever made Tie Fighter and X-Wing series! :shameonyou:

21 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

KOTOR holds up since it’s basically turn based combat :sun: 

Eh, I can't get into it. Does the gameplay hold up? I don't think so, but if you think so then that is fair. But nothing else holds up. Even if the gameplay does hold up all the animations are fucking shit, and the game just looks not great. Well, the story holds up, but I knew of the twist before I even heard of the game.