What is a thought you are currently having?

Chris-

13 hours ago, Chris- said:

I am thinking about how I want a Himalayan salt lamp...Not because I buy into any of that energy bullshit, but simply because I think they emit a pleasing shade of light.

My wife loves those things. I constantly wonder if I can cut a piece off and season my food with it.

14 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

What is this large bump on my gums located high above my broken tooth, why is it there, and how much of a problem will my next dentist appointment reveal it to be.

That's an abscess and you will need a root canal. It's not the end of the world getting one.

16 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

There’s not enough hours in the night at the moment, which is making gym, dog walking, food prep etc harder.  Nearly time for 3 weeks holiday.

Euro summer nights are fucking long as shit. It was super trippy being in Brussels in July and realizing it was still twilight at, like, 10:30 PM.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

How if I don’t sleep tonight, it’s going to be a long night hanging on a portaledge tomorrow night after the first day of my climbing trip. The first night is always the hardest to acclimate to when you’re sleeping 600’ off the ground in a glorified tent.

Dude that's sick as hell. I've never been outdoors, only in gyms; I keep meaning to sign up for a trip (but top roping 5.8s outside is nothing like what you're going for).

12 hours ago, Chris- said:

Dude that's sick as hell. I've never been outdoors, only in gyms; I keep meaning to sign up for a trip (but top roping 5.8s outside is nothing like what you're going for).

We are doing a route British Columbia’s Rockies. We’re out for 10 days. Bad weather stopped us from being able to climb this morning, so tonight we’re going haul up gear and set anchors Once the wall dries. 9 pitches (5.13a is the hardest, 5.11 overall),1000 feet. It’s The Grand Wall route at Squamish. We’ve been eying it for a few years.

i started doing this at 10 years old (I never saw a climbing gym until I went to college, I grew up in Northwestern Montana).

I think everyone who likes climbing should try it, just don’t overestimate your ability. And if you can, have someone teach you to place nuts and cams.

what state are you in? I can probably recommend some great outdoor bouldering and single pitch climbing that is near your level.

If we can complete this, Half Dome in Yosemite is next year.

15 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

We are doing a route British Columbia’s Rockies. We’re out for 10 days. Bad weather stopped us from being able to climb this morning, so tonight we’re going haul up gear and set anchors Once the wall dries. 9 pitches (5.13a is the hardest, 5.11 overall),1000 feet. It’s The Grand Wall route at Squamish. We’ve been eying it for a few years.

i started doing this at 10 years old (I never saw a climbing gym until I went to college, I grew up in Northwestern Montana).

I think everyone who likes climbing should try it, just don’t overestimate your ability. And if you can, have someone teach you to place nuts and cams.

what state are you in? I can probably recommend some great outdoor bouldering and single pitch climbing that is near your level.

If we can complete this, Half Dome in Yosemite is next year.

Western PA. Plenty of places to climb, and trips are always advertised, just haven’t signed up yet. I wouldn’t lead climb, so I’m not too worried about the risks. 

34 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Western PA. Plenty of places to climb, and trips are always advertised, just haven’t signed up yet. I wouldn’t lead climb, so I’m not too worried about the risks. 

I climb lead solo all the time. A Traxion and a gri-gri with a good anchor at the bottom. But I wouldn’t do more than two pitches alone.

Theres a good chance the wall breaks us on the “Free Grand” pitch.

heres some of the hardest part of the wall. Not my picture. I’ll make a thread after it’s over with my own pics. This shows the hardest parts of the wall minus free grand.

grandwall-topo.jpg