~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is honestly one of these situations where I don't think I can be hyperbolic enough. Women's expressed concerns are largely, "I'd really like to be able to work without being harassed or assaulted," and dudes are all, "pretty fucked up that John got in trouble for sending a nutscaping photo to the wrong person because Outlook autocomplete sent it to the wrong person."

Obviously not all guys are like this, blah blah blah, but you know what I mean.

I remember back when I was fresh out of school one of the first ones of these I did the only piece of information I found useful was about asking out coworkers. The answer was basically "it's okay to ask once" but it was helpful because I thought the official answer was conceivably "don't". :lol: I still don't anyhow but again even straight out of college I clearly remember thinking "this is seriously the only useful piece of information contained in here".

Amazing how dumb people are.

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The most recent conversation I had with a lady co-worker involved estimating how many Chinese naval personnel would be rendered combat ineffective if a particular weapons systems worked as intended.

Our collective response was, "Not nearly enough."

Moving Independence Day GIF

• Sicko 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The most recent conversation I had with a lady co-worker involved estimating how many Chinese naval personnel would be rendered combat ineffective if a particular weapons systems worked as intended.

I see right though this flirtatious innuendo and will be contacting your HR shortly. :nottalking:

19 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've never heard of sperm called "Chinese naval personnel" or a condom referred to as a "weapons system", but I like your style. 

9 hours ago, ThreePi said:

I think there's a case where some guys just "get it" with regards to boundries and such, and some guys just "don't get it." And for the former group it is so obvious and simple of a concept that they struggle to think that the latter group could possibly even exist.

So some guys are just giant pos. Got it lol

Had an awkward moment this weekend when my mom visited. Prior to COVID, my family had big 60+ people Christmas parties on Christmas Eve (and it rotated who hosted it). This year my mom said she is going to host the "last" party (since her gen are in their 60s/70s, and most of my cousins have their own spouses, kids, etc), and said that my wife and I have to come. She said it's been noted through the pandemic how we're never around at these big events, and how it makes her look bad. I had to politely ask her if she wants us there, or wants us to be seen there. We are fine with going to her place around Christmas for a sit-down supper with her and her spouse (and his kid, and my brother, etc—basically 6-8 people), but I want nothing to do with my extended family at this point. A few of my aunts and uncles (and their kids) are off the deep end when it comes to anti-vax stuff (and also pro-Russia...even though we are descended from Ukrainian immigrants). I simply refuse to be in the same room as people who decided that their own conspiracy theories were worth more than my wife's life, who was immunocompromised for much of the pandemic. 

My mom didn't take this well, and told us to think about it. I don't need to think about it; I don't care if someone is related to me by blood, if they don't respect me or my wife, then I don't want to see them.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

My one uncle used to be rabidly anti-Putin in the mid-2000s. The last time I saw him he was a pro-Trump MAGA chud. He's a third-generation Ukrainian-Canadian who married a 1st-gen Chilean immigrant...but I believe he's basically become anti-immigration and pro-Russia, now, along with the entire venn diagram of conspiracy/chud nonsense. 

• Sad 1

If you’re a fan of unintentional comedy, I recommend checking this thread on Twitter and scanning the legions of blue check replies who think they’re living inside a Bourne Identity / Jack Reacher / Godfather LARP and that evolution paired with a set of balls makes them constantly engage in threat assessment. 

X9Zccve_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Exceptions for people dealing with shit like PTSD of course, but that’s not what’s driving most of this. 

I will admit that the endless parade of mass murder we accept in our society has led me to be very conscious of entry/exit points any time I'm in public, with a preference to always face them. No LARPing, just the sad realization that I live in a country where someone might walk in with an AR-15.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If you’re a fan of unintentional comedy, I recommend checking this thread on Twitter and scanning the legions of blue check replies who think they’re living inside a Bourne Identity / Jack Reacher / Godfather LARP and that evolution paired with a set of balls makes them constantly engage in threat assessment. 

X9Zccve_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Exceptions for people dealing with shit like PTSD of course, but that’s not what’s driving most of this. 

OCULAR PATDOWN

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I will admit that the endless parade of mass murder we accept in our society has led me to be very conscious of entry/exit points any time I'm in public, with a preference to always face them. No LARPing, just the sad realization that I live in a country where someone might walk in with an AR-15.

I think there’s a meaningful difference between being aware of where exits are, which is a good idea because shit like fires happen, and mapping out plans of attack against strangers with improvised weapons because evolution makes you a protector.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I’m constantly in that state of mind which also means I consciously keep to the periphery when I’m shopping etc. we live in a hell scape where you never know where some chud is gonna blow you away cause he doesn’t get tinder matches 

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

While sitting with my back to the wall opposite the main entrance, I always keep an eye on the Costco sized wooden pepper grinder when out to dinner so I can defend MY FAMILY from 30-50 feral hogs which could roll in at any point

Would love to see you take down 30-50 cops with a pepper grinder. Seems like using ground pepper like pocket sand would be more efficient though. 

24 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

All these “tacticool” morons who open carry and think they are Jason Bourne have a brain as small and smooth as a marble. 

Gun nuts aren’t saving anyone from the danger, they are the danger. 

Wow I can't belive the antifa wokists have helped Brandon pussify us into a country where it's okay to have litterboxes in kindergarten classrooms but not to exercise your right to bear arms to keep Al Qaeda from invading the Waffle House.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wow I can't belive the antifa wokists have helped Brandon pussify us into a country where it's okay to have litterboxes in kindergarten classrooms but not to exercise your right to bear arms to keep Al Qaeda from invading the Waffle House.

Eyebanging the exits at the Sbarro in case Spetznaz commandos rappel down the windows of the mall food court. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Anyone attacks a Waffle House they gonna die.

I remember when I was a counterintelligence agent back in the Army and one of my colleagues pointed out during a meeting in public at a restaurant that ALL of the agents would somehow manage to sit back to a wall looking out at the entrance, even with a large group of agents (it was a yearly thing where counterintelligent agents would gather so all of the KGB would know who they were (not the plan but an example of the stupidity of American bureaucracy)). What I actually find funny about that is that I still do it, although back then, at least I was armed. Now, I sit back to a wall to react to danger but I no longer carry a weapon, and I'm nowhere near in shape to stop anything that comes through the door, including a toddler that's bent on reaching the playskool amusement center.

• Hugs 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, CitizenVectron said:

I make note of windowless concrete buildings (on the main level) for safe places during a zombie outbreak. 

If there’s ever a zombie apocalypse I’m gonna be the first to die in it.

Better hope it’s not a virus from days gone as steroids+zombie virus= mr Olympia zombie.