~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

15 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Nutrition is key.

I highly recommend Layne Norton's Reverse Diet book and his app (Carbon). The app is like MyFitnessPal but has an AI based coach to set your diet goals (protein/carbs/fat per day) and adjusts based on how your metabolism is responding. You don't need to weigh all of your food, as long as your "eyeing" of the servings is consistent.

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

Anyone here have any advice on how to get ripped? I’m tired of being single.

Assuming you're detrained, I will always stand by "starting strength" is a great place for beginners to start. If not that, a total body routine or an upper lower split.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nutrition is key.

I highly recommend Layne Norton's Reverse Diet book and his app (Carbon). The app is like MyFitnessPal but has an AI based coach to set your diet goals (protein/carbs/fat per day) and adjusts based on how your metabolism is responding. You don't need to weigh all of your food, as long as your "eyeing" of the servings is consistent.

This, you can't out train a bad diet and getting lines is all about energy balance. 

7 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Damn. I don’t even know where to start. I need a guide of some sort. I guess I’ll check out that book.

EXRX.NET

ExRx.net is a resource for the exercise professional, coach, or fitness enthusiast. It offers evidence based exercise prescription tools and resources including reference articles, comprehensive exercise libraries, and fitness calculators. ExRx.net is a recommended resource in ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (5th 6th, and 7th Editions). ExRx.net has also been an NSCA...

Right now I’m gonna start with the routine I had in high school. Push-ups, pull-ups, sit ups and squats. Start with ten reps of each and then add one rep each day. Does that sound like a decent start? Or am I wasting time and should just go to the gym and use the equipment?

5 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

Right now I’m gonna start with the routine I had in high school. Push-ups, pull-ups, sit ups and squats. Start with ten reps of each and then add one rep each day. Does that sound like a decent start? Or am I wasting time and should just go to the gym and use the equipment?

I am not even cloooose to being an expert, but imo the biggest help in starting is just to start and stick with it. You can change your routine as you go, making improvements, but doing anything for many weeks in a row is going to really help you out long-term, in terms of creating a habit.

On 11/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, Uaarkson said:

It’s fine to start with body/lighter weight stuff at home, but I highly recommend figuring out your dietary needs for base caloric intake and getting used to basic meal logging as it’ll help in the long run.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s fine to start with body/lighter weight stuff at home, but I highly recommend figuring out your dietary needs for base caloric intake and getting used to basic meal logging as it’ll help in the long run.

The Layne Norton book will help me with this?

On 11/11/2023 at 11:22 AM, Uaarkson said:

The Layne Norton book will help me with this?

I think just paying attention at all to calories in the food you consume will help you. I did a similar thing as you recently and also went with what I knew, which was high school exercises. I’m still doing that along with walking and my elliptical. And it’s working because I’m doing it. I don’t mind anything I’m doing so for the first time in about 20 years my body is slowly getting fit.

Do what works for you! And what Spork said, I think diet is maybe the most important part. And it doesn’t have to be bad, just watched.

I didn’t realize how much weight I had gained, especially since my accident. I bought pants because I was going to finally embrace the outside world again, back in July. Those pants don’t fit right anymore with my belt on the furthest notch. I can feel and even start to see my abs now! And I didn’t hurt myself or anything, just started to pay attention. 

@Greatoneshere

I had an urge to rip my Berserk DVDs for whatever reason. I have the old box of war version but the problem is last time I tried this I think the DVD had some disc rot, or in any case the 5th disc didn't work.

Personally I actually never finished the series even when I bought them, sadly, so there's no way to know if the disc was defective from the start. In any case, the disc is still bad and seems like the 6th disc is bad as well. So I figured I would just download the ones that I can't get to rip.

They have them on archive.org but these things are a crispy AF 1080p, not dvd quality. Where the hell did they get these? (Damn son where'd you find this?) - Now I'm tempted to just download them all, but also means I wasted some of my time in the process :p

https://archive.org/details/Berserk-DVD

• Hype 1

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Greatoneshere

I had an urge to rip my Berserk DVDs for whatever reason. I have the old box of war version but the problem is last time I tried this I think the DVD had some disc rot, or in any case the 5th disc didn't work.

Personally I actually never finished the series even when I bought them, sadly, so there's no way to know if the disc was defective from the start. In any case, the disc is still bad and seems like the 6th disc is bad as well. So I figured I would just download the ones that I can't get to rip.

They have them on archive.org but these things are a crispy AF 1080p, not dvd quality. Where the hell did they get these? (Damn son where'd you find this?) - Now I'm tempted to just download them all, but also means I wasted some of my time in the process :p

https://archive.org/details/Berserk-DVD

Nice! Yeah, I have a bluray level quality download - basically someone took the best JP release and put the English dub on it as an option - show looks absolutely fantastic, but I use nyaa.si for my anime downloads. I'd recommend getting the best Berserk download there, the things the uploaders often do to improve the resolution, etc. is great.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Happy Thanksgiving you fucks. Tomorrow begins my journey toward getting ripped. I ordered that book and it should be here tomorrow. I will try to keep my progress updated here. Currently sitting at around 192 lbs.

To quote a great man

the day you start lifting is the day you’re forever small.