~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

On 12/14/2023 at 12:54 AM, Spork3245 said:

If you ever have the opportunity, test drive a 2016-2020 GT350. It’s the best handling car you can get for under $150k: it beat the Ferrari 458 on the Nurburgring.

The 2018-2020 GT is electronically locked at 167mph, if you remove the limit you can take it over 170 but there’s “issues” with there not being enough downforce and it starting to lift at around 175mph unless you mod it. The GT500 is electronically limited to 186, but can “confidently hit” over 200 with the limit removed.

I’m sold on getting a 911 for my next car, it’s the standard for a reason and checks off a major life goal. Just need rates to drop a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hopes up when the paperwork I was given after my colonoscopy this month said the recommendation was to do the next one in 5 years instead of 2 years, then I spoke to my doctor on the follow-up call and he said no it's 2 and can you send me the piece of paper that says 5 so we can figure out what happened...while taking a picture to send to him just now I saw that in my anesthesia-hangover sleep-deprived state when I was first given the printout I didn't notice that I was given someone else's printout. Gotta imagine someone's gonna get in trouble for that.

• Shocked 1

Booked my next tattoo appointment. Goal for 24 is to finally finish everything, gonna see the artist and let him decide where to start. I currently have a full sleeve on my left arm, half sleeve on my right, so I am flipping that for my legs and will finally get my lower back piece done, bodybuilding will have finally paid off since my back is the size it is the lower back has a lot of canvas to use so hopefully I can get the imagery in there I want, but again, defer to your artists everyone.

Backing off of traveling this year to pay for all of this. 

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Drink hot beverages while staring at mormons.

One of the best lays I ever had was a Mormon 🤔

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Pick up 5 more wives.

My gf would cut me, she’s somehow simultaneously Jersey and Italian stereotypes at once 

35 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Update: She passed away this morning. :(

My grandmother was my mother 

I mourn her to this day, may she have gone peacefully, and I hope you got to to say goodbye.

• Hugs 2

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Just booked a flight to Salt Lake, guess I am breaking my no Red State rule, but sister is having a hard time so going.

I'll likely have a night in the city solo, any recommendations @GeneticBlueprint

When are you headed here?

Lots of good eateries in the 9th and 9th area (900 East and 900 South). If you’re in that area stop by the whale (all hail) on 1100 east and pay tribute so we can get some god damned snow this year. If you want to see the luxury mall that Jesus commanded be built, head to City Creek Center which also has lots of good places to eat and pubs in the surrounding area. And you’ll be in the city center. Eccles Theater or Capitol Theater are around there if you want to see a good show. Abravanel Hall is there too and that’s where the Utah symphony plays. I’ve seen a lot of orchestras in my lifetime and this is one people sleep on.

Clark Planetarium is cool and free if you want to do something educational in the city. It does charge to see the IMAX documentaries. Haven’t seen those in years but I go to the planetarium all the time because there’s tons to do and see there. And it’s right by the Delta Center which is where the Jazz play if you like the NBA and are in town on a night they play. There are also some concert halls in that area like Metro Music Hall or The Complex. There’s usually an act in one or both of those every night. 

Temple Square would also be an interesting bit of history to see, but I think it’s closed because they’re redoing the foundation or something like that. But if it’s open might as well swing through and look at the Mormon Mecca the polygamists built. Also, in the bigass conference building across the street to the north of Temple Square, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir does a broadcast every Sunday morning that’s free to attend and I know that’s still open. They’ve been doing that for literally 100 years I think. Regardless of the religious nonsense it’s actually quite impressive to experience in person.

Sorry most of my recs are music oriented as that’s my thing. 

Sounds like you’ll just be here an evening otherwise I’d recommend going to do some bougie skiing in Park City and eating some overpriced but good food while you’re there. 

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Drink hot beverages while staring at mormons.

Though its HQ is there, you’re not likely to run into many in SLC proper. 

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Very sorry to hear. Trust me, I know what that pain is like. I had to say one last goodbye to my identical twin brother in the hospital by giving him a kiss on his forehead. He wasn't able to speak etc so it was and will always be the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. I get that image in my head and immediately I break down in tears. 

Losing loved ones is terrible but I believe we will be reunited again. Just my personal belief. You will see your grandmother again. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Lots of love. My grandfather passed away on Thanksgiving and it was very difficult. Arguably, the hardest part is watching other family members take it harder. 

Hang on to those memories. They're precious.

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

When are you headed here?

Lots of good eateries in the 9th and 9th area (900 East and 900 South). If you’re in that area stop by the whale (all hail) on 1100 east and pay tribute so we can get some god damned snow this year. If you want to see the luxury mall that Jesus commanded be built, head to City Creek Center which also has lots of good places to eat and pubs in the surrounding area. And you’ll be in the city center. Eccles Theater or Capitol Theater are around there if you want to see a good show. Abravanel Hall is there too and that’s where the Utah symphony plays. I’ve seen a lot of orchestras in my lifetime and this is one people sleep on.

Clark Planetarium is cool and free if you want to do something educational in the city. It does charge to see the IMAX documentaries. Haven’t seen those in years but I go to the planetarium all the time because there’s tons to do and see there. And it’s right by the Delta Center which is where the Jazz play if you like the NBA and are in town on a night they play. There are also some concert halls in that area like Metro Music Hall or The Complex. There’s usually an act in one or both of those every night. 

Temple Square would also be an interesting bit of history to see, but I think it’s closed because they’re redoing the foundation or something like that. But if it’s open might as well swing through and look at the Mormon Mecca the polygamists built. Also, in the bigass conference building across the street to the north of Temple Square, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir does a broadcast every Sunday morning that’s free to attend and I know that’s still open. They’ve been doing that for literally 100 years I think. Regardless of the religious nonsense it’s actually quite impressive to experience in person.

Sorry most of my recs are music oriented as that’s my thing. 

Sounds like you’ll just be here an evening otherwise I’d recommend going to do some bougie skiing in Park City and eating some overpriced but good food while you’re there. 

Though its HQ is there, you’re not likely to run into many in SLC proper. 

I'll be in Utah end of the month, SLC on the 29th, it's a quick flight to Oakland but not risking the weather around then. I booked the Hyatt Regency for the night so I assume what you referenced is near that?

4 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I'll be in Utah end of the month, SLC on the 29th, it's a quick flight to Oakland but not risking the weather around then. I booked the Hyatt Regency for the night so I assume what you referenced is near that?

Most of the stuff yeah. 9th and 9th is a little far from there but the rest of the stuff is blocks away. 

I’d offer to meetup but I’m actually heading to South America on that very day. Ha

7 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Most of the stuff yeah. 9th and 9th is a little far from there but the rest of the stuff is blocks away. 

I’d offer to meetup but I’m actually heading to South America on that very day. Ha

😂 figures, I’ll keep the recommendations in mind though for sure.

11 minutes ago, Brian said:

Gotta love how a company always finds a reason to snub you on your bonus. “Even though you met your yearly goals, next year looks rough so be glad you are getting something.” 
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

I didn't work here at the time but last year the partners funded the bonus pool at 150% even though the target operating margin was off by a percentage point (the pool is funded at 75%, 100%, etc. based on operating margin). That was one of the first signs I had that agency leadership was pretty good. The same situation happened again this year but they took a different approach (funded at 100%, then they'll fund the extra 50% if we hit the margin after the books are closed).

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I didn't work here at the time but last year the partners funded the bonus pool at 150% even though the target operating margin was off by a percentage point (the pool is funded at 75%, 100%, etc. based on operating margin). That was one of the first signs I had that agency leadership was pretty good. The same situation happened again this year but they took a different approach (funded at 100%, then they'll fund the extra 50% if we hit the margin after the books are closed).

It’s my first year with this company. I kind of expected this nonsense after seeing how they operate over this past year. It’s disappointing because I negotiated the bonus targets before joining and it’s stated in my offer letter. 

I am glad it’s paid because I have a few interviews lined up. I will be moving on when I get a good offer. 

• 2 weeks later...

At work we have this piece of security software on our computers where the first troubleshooting step with any kind of network connection problem is to try disabling this piece of software. Every time I have to disable it I wonder why they insist on keeping it if we're constantly disabling it.

They also have a bad habit of picking stuff that only works on Windows computers despite probably half the company being on Macs. Like I'm pretty sure you used to need a Windows computer to book a conference room because the old conference booking application only worked on Internet Explorer. And a big reason for constantly disabling the security software I mentioned is because it'll frequently block Outlook from connecting to the email server if you're on a Mac. :silly:

• Shocked 1