~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

We just had our first training and testing night with people who aren’t my family members at our original indoor theater which has been closed since March 2020.

I’m not a particularly emotional person, but that was special 

My uncle with dementia is in his last hours. They gave my aunt something to inject that will speed up the process and keep him comfortable. She couldn’t do it, so my Dad went over to take care of it for her. As shitty as my Dad can be about somethings, I appreciate his willingness to do anything for his family, even his in laws as in this case.

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My uncle with dementia is in his last hours. They gave my aunt something to inject that will speed up the process and keep him comfortable. She couldn’t do it, so my Dad went over to take care of it for her. As shitty as my Dad can be about somethings, I appreciate his willingness to do anything for his family, even his in laws as in this case.

This is fascinating and I wish it had been the case with my grandmother who also died of Alzheimer's. Do you know what it is that they administered?

14 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is fascinating and I wish it had been the case with my grandmother who also died of Alzheimer's. Do you know what it is that they administered?

I’m not sure, my parents weren’t super talkative. My mom has been my uncle’s primary care giver the last 5 years or so, so it’s hitting her particularly hard today. I am honestly glad for her, it’s the most depressing thing to watch a loved one wither away to dementia.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m not sure, my parents weren’t super talkative. My mom has been my uncle’s primary care giver the last 5 years or so, so it’s hitting her particularly hard today. I am honestly glad for her, it’s the most depressing thing to watch a loved one wither away to dementia.

Yep, it really fucking sucks. Maybe this will allow a way for everyone to experience some peace. 

We had our opening weekend at the indoor theater after over two years being closed.

Sold out every show. The most enjoyable part though was going into each screening and introing the flick, and thanking people for being there. What a wild ride to get to this point.

44 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We had our opening weekend at the indoor theater after over two years being closed.

Sold out every show. The most enjoyable part though was going into each screening and introing the flick, and thanking people for being there. What a wild ride to get to this point.

When you did the intro, did you tell all the guests that "It's morbin' time?"

10 hours ago, chakoo said:

Cute!! How old is she @Anathema-? My little girl is currently 8 & half months old. Now that she just learn to crawl a week ago she just loves taking off down the hallway. <3

Just ten months as of a couple days ago.

Evenflo Versatile Play Space

A.CO

This really helped us when she learned to crawl. We have it open across the couch for a big play area, got some foam pad packs too that have been very helpful.

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I really hesitate to share much here but given the news of the day I think some pictures of my adorable little girl might bring a little needed cheer. Felt cute will probably delete later.

4uR2NPT.jpeg

XsrQPrq.jpeg

gCH21kJ.jpeg

66Af4oe.jpeg

RJJw9nb.jpeg

My man’s staying slim too. Good work all around señor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Just ten months as of a couple days ago.

Evenflo Versatile Play Space

A.CO

This really helped us when she learned to crawl. We have it open across the couch for a big play area, got some foam pad packs too that have been very helpful.

We've got a playpen and foam pads going since she was 1m to give here a safe area to play in. Just now that she is off to the races she want more space to crawl so the wife already ordered a butt ton of floor pads and plans to cover the entire living room (our condo is mostly hardwood floors). :lol:

21 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Kids are durable no need for the foam shit imo.

We found some on sale and it gives us peace of mind so that's enough. Also I think there's a psychological value in identifying, even for the baby, a designated play area and the multicolored foam helps with that.

You're right though the poor thing slipped backwards in the tub the other day and bonked her head, just gotta comfort them and roll on.

@Keyser_Soze @Kal-El814

omg

nfkamhtj7jvxu0c2c6u8.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

CHICAGO—Saying that he alone could determine the legitimacy the woman’s claim, area man Luke Haggerty will be the judge of whether coworker Delia Carroll is actually a true baseball fan, sources confirmed Wednesday. “She says she’s a huge baseball fan, but we’ll just see about that,” said Haggerty, peppering the woman…

• Haha 1
  • True 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:36 AM, Anathema- said:

I really hesitate to share much here but given the news of the day I think some pictures of my adorable little girl might bring a little needed cheer. Felt cute will probably delete later.

4uR2NPT.jpeg

XsrQPrq.jpeg

gCH21kJ.jpeg

66Af4oe.jpeg

RJJw9nb.jpeg

Beautiful family. Girls are awesome. My daughter is 20 months old. I can’t wait to buy her her first baseball glove. 

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Taking over drive in #4 next Friday, and indoor #2 around Labor Day. Much busy.

There's a shit ass, abandoned theater a bit up the highway from me, maybe 15 miles north of Boston. Lemme know if you want to plant your money trees in New England :p