~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yesterday I got a call from my front door intercom, which surprised me because I wasn't expecting any packages. It was some Hasid asking if I'm Jewish by any chance. I just hung up but then someone else buzzed him into the building. :facepalm:

Are Hasids like Jehovah Witnesses? What happened next?

Just now, Chris- said:

Are Hasids like Jehovah Witnesses? What happened next?

He went to the door of whoever buzzed him in. I've been asked this a number of times walking around Santa Monica but I'm disturbed that they apparently know where I live, unless he was just trying every single apartment. 

If anyone remembers, my wife and I had her niece live with us for five months last year so that she could get out of her mother's house and continue her education (she was 18). Eventually our COVID rules were too much (mainly that she got a hot new boyfriend) during the height of Delta and she moved back in with her mom (who is anti-vax, etc). So, the niece continued with school (upgrading classes, registering for university this fall, etc). So that was good. 

Found out today that she's pregnant. She moved out of her mom's house in the summer, lives with that boyfriend, and they are excited about the baby. At 19 years old, with no stable jobs. Last year she said she intended to never have kids...but she's a kid, and she was off birth control for some reason I guess, and of course they didn't use condoms. Shmashmortion? Apparently not, they intend to keep it. So...that sucks. The cycle of white trash poverty will continue (the niece's mother had her and her brother while in high school, never went far, etc).

Really sucks, as it seemed like she was starting on a decent path with school. But...the pull of bad family is strong. So, we'll emotionally be there for her (and likely financially, one day, for the sake of the kid), but we won't have anything to do with her mother or fiance (who is also anti-vax, and beats the mom).

• Sad 2

So my mentor just told me she put my name forward as the chief union rep for the hospital. I’ve been a rep for just over two years so I was a bit confused.

She basically said what I lack in experience I make up for in passion. Massive compliment but I definitely don’t feel anywhere near ready for that responsibility.

• Halal 3

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

So my mentor just told me she put my name forward as the chief union rep for the hospital. I’ve been a rep for just over two years so I was a bit confused.

She basically said what I lack in experience I make up for in passion. Massive compliment but I definitely don’t feel anywhere near ready for that responsibility.

Do It GIF

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Whatever man just think of it like being a mod.

Do it and humiliate the administrators who stand in your way.

Responsibility is just an attitude and a state of mind. You’ll be fine. Most things are easier than they seem from the outside anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Think I’m going to solve my clown truck problem by just getting a Honda Civic. Getting an EV is just too expensive and I should be able make $50 in gas last over a month.

Do you use SRP for electricity?