~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

8 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m feeling the feels. You guys all greatly influenced my life, sans a view users who seem to be gone now anyway, so glad to see you all.

Cliff note updates.

i no longer live in Bmore, Bay Area now, work in SF and am a union rep for my department.

Homeowner here and one in Greece; golden visa program is your exit guys; Greece just has a lower bar to clear cost wise.  I’m proud of my game-room here in the bay so I’m back to gaming again because…

I’ve massively downsized, no longer compete and never will again, think I’m about 220 now from 250 when I was last here.

to the shock of everyone I’m engaged, I do have a great engagement story with that said.

to the shock of no one we’re poly and I’m with my gf right now waiting to go out in the city, she takes long showers. To surprise you a bit, gf is white. We’re gonna be in Sardinia soon. I’ll attach pics when I’m there.

Was thinking about you the other day when I was talking about getting back under the bar to my wife and how we might be able to find time with the baby.

10 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Have you gotten your Greek/EU visa? I’ve heard they’re harder to come by after the Russian invasion

WWW.GREECE-RESIDENCE.COM

Obtain EU residency with attractive real-estate investments in Greece

As soon as it’s approved you get the benefit, the big issue in Greece is securing financing, I just used a heloc to make it happen.

9 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Was thinking about you the other day when I was talking about getting back under the bar to my wife and how we might be able to find time with the baby.

You absolutely should man, you’ve two really good reasons to have a long and healthy life now, congrats btw. Someone’s gotta breed so we can have social security so you’ll need like four more to make up for myself and my partners not breeding! 

A weird thing just happened.

I got a message from a lady on Facebook saying that she received a postcard in the mail that had my name on it. She lives in the area where I grew up in Washington state. She sent me a picture of the postcard and it was from my grandmother, dated 1996. But it was just delivered. I saw the address and said "yeah that's where I lived until 1997. Do you live in that area?" And she said "well I live at this exact same address but in Lake Stevens, not Everett."

Well lady, that address was actually part of Everett until 2009. The city of Lake Stevens annexed it. And I worked for Lake Stevens while that was happening. So the post card went to the right place and you are living in the house I used to live in.

The postcard was from when my Grandmother went on a tour of a bunch of historical sites related to mormonism. And the lady said "I'm mormon too! That's crazy." It is pretty crazy. But I'm not mormon anymore.

She asked me if she could send the postcard to me. I said sure. And, funnily enough, you'll be sending it to the address of that grandmother whose house I just purchased in Salt Lake City when she moved to a retirement community.

Funny. Weird. Cool. Life is strange.

• Like 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

17 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

A weird thing just happened.

I got a message from a lady on Facebook saying that she received a postcard in the mail that had my name on it. She lives in the area where I grew up in Washington state. She sent me a picture of the postcard and it was from my grandmother, dated 1996. But it was just delivered. I saw the address and said "yeah that's where I lived until 1997. Do you live in that area?" And she said "well I live at this exact same address but in Lake Stevens, not Everett."

Well lady, that address was actually part of Everett until 2009. The city of Lake Stevens annexed it. And I worked for Lake Stevens while that was happening. So the post card went to the right place and you are living in the house I used to live in.

The postcard was from when my Grandmother went on a tour of a bunch of historical sites related to mormonism. And the lady said "I'm mormon too! That's crazy." It is pretty crazy. But I'm not mormon anymore.

She asked me if she could send the postcard to me. I said sure. And, funnily enough, you'll be sending it to the address of that grandmother whose house I just purchased in Salt Lake City when she moved to a retirement community.

Funny. Weird. Cool. Life is strange.

You're actually living that Netflix show Dark

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Ew. No. 

I was watching the new Iron Chef and they were talking about why Korea has good fried chicken and it's because the black US soldiers from the Korean war taught them how to make it. Did the Korean war have a lot of black folks in it? I know my dad was in the Korean war but never thought that was the reason why.

And now I wanna have some Korean fried chicken. Sounds like they do it better than the pizza. :p

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was watching the new Iron Chef and they were talking about why Korea has good fried chicken and it's because the black US soldiers from the Korean war taught them how to make it. Did the Korean war have a lot of black folks in it? I know my dad was in the Korean war but never thought that was the reason why.

And now I wanna have some Korean fried chicken. Sounds like they do it better than the pizza. :p

It was just US soldiers in general but it didnt really start to boom until the late 60's and 70's as chicken was eaten that much and was expensive. Once "The Miracle Of The Han River" happened people started eating more chicken. 

• Thanks 1

I got a Starlink dish set up for our newest drive in which has no land line internet available, and also pretty terrible cell coverage making a 5G/LTE hotspot out of the question.

Honestly, this is pretty nifty kit. The set up is very simple and the thing moves itself into the best position once you place it. Getting 80-110 mbps and decent latency (doesn’t really matter for our purposes, but could easily be used for gaming). Interested to see how consistent it is.

Does anyone use a stand/sit desk? Do you think it was worth it? I can get a pretty good discount on one through my company (about $600 instead of $960) so I'm tempted, but I'm not sure 1) how much I'd actually use the stand function and 2) how much I'd have to spend to adapt my current setup to use the new desk since it doesn't include a hutch, storage drawers, etc.:

3MzyKmU.png

13 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Does anyone use a stand/sit desk? Do you think it was worth it? I can get a pretty good discount on one through my company (about $600 instead of $960) so I'm tempted, but I'm not sure 1) how much I'd actually use the stand function and 2) how much I'd have to spend to adapt my current setup to use the new desk since it doesn't include a hutch, storage drawers, etc.:

3MzyKmU.png

spacer.png

I got one a few weeks ago purely for the ability to fine tune the height as my chair getting adjustments without a hassle. 

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Beer list was great, food as mentioned was mediocre. We ended up getting Chicken + Whiskey afterwards which was much better (those yuca fries are killer). 

I'm not surprised their pizza was mediocre, even though I've never gotten a pizza there. My go-tos were always a halfsmoke or a charcuterie board (not sure if either of those are still on the menu though).