~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Didn't wanna clutter up a "real" thread but LOL

tripe thread brolich

also lol

"At press time, Abbott announced he had abandoned his plan to bus migrants out of state so resources could be focused exclusively on rounding up Jews."

On 9/3/2022 at 11:19 AM, Nokra said:

Anyone have any big plans for Labor Day weekend? I totally forgot it was this weekend so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do. :lol:

I had a very lazy weekend. Mostly stayed home, did some longer walks with the pup around town, ran errands and cleaned up around the house, organized some Blu Ray rips, etc. At the start of the weekend when I asked this, I was feeling anxious about not having any plans. In hindsight, this might have been exactly what I needed. 

Did anyone end up doing more than they expected?

The summer we just had was wretched. 90 degrees plus over 80% humidity. I was a puddle of sweat anywhere I went. Plus it felt like we had 3 monsoon seasons. Know what is not fun at all? Taking your daughter to daycare in a stroller when she REFUSES to let you use the cover, so I have to try to use an umbrella over the both of us. Everyone gets wet. Not cool kiddo, not cool.

My local weather blogger meteorologists use this handy chart for dew points:

dewpoint-chart-4.jpg

Anything above a DEWP of 62 or so is a no-go for me and I become miserable. But dew points fluctuate through the day. 

In short, Jason finally gets to experience a southern summer heat wave. 

• Halal 1