Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Clearly they're a part of Westeros now.

I mean, dry as desert land vs lush and plush Westeros? Like, I can't believe the Wildlings want fReEdOm that badly. I'd be staying south of the fucking wall that is for sure. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

The only GOT content I would watch is stuff that takes place after tonight's EP. No interest in prequels. 

You'd watch all of them, don't you lie.

I'd be interested in the rumored White Walkers, Night King prequel.  I didnt read the books and the show didn't do quite enough to explain all of that to me.

That was overall a satisfying ending. Shame the past two seasons weren't a full 10 episodes each, so things felt a bit rushed, but I was pleased with how things turned out. If the books are ever finished it'll be interesting to see just how much things differ. 

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

That was overall a satisfying ending. Shame the past two seasons weren't a full 10 episodes each, so things felt a bit rushed, but I was pleased with how things turned out. If the books are ever finished it'll be interesting to see just how much things differ. 

Yeah all the beats were right... everything was just rushed. We should have gotten two full seasons to spread things out... One dealing with the Night King and the Lats dealing with Cersei and Dany.

As mentioned by most that was about as happy an ending as you are going to get with where they ended up at the end of episode 5.

I guess this episode does confirm that the long winters were caused by the Night King, we had several months if not a whole year of time jumps and the weather looked pretty nice at the very end especially in the North.

I thoroughly enjoyed this season. I didnt feel like it was rushed at all. In fact, i prefer this pacing to the last 7 seasons. There were bouts of pure boredom in almost every season. When you add up the run times of  S8 episode, i think it comes out to almost 8 full episodes. I dont think 2 more hours wouldve wrapped every single story arc in a way that wouldve been satisfying. 

The ending was fine, although it was maybe too happy based on what we expect GoT should deliver.

Jon killing Dani was predictable but necessary. Bran taking the throne never occurred to me as option but it makes sense.  Him being 'their past and their future' means he knew all along the outcome, which is why he basically sits back and spectates through the whole thing, and it makes sense. 

Jon's ending wasnt happy, at least not immediately. He kills dani even though he really doesnt want to. he still doesnt get the throne even though he seems to have a realization that he should lead...but in the end, watching him go north of the wall makes sense. in the 8 seasons that is actually where he was happiest. he never quite achieves victory though, no matter how you look at it. jon is basically blue balls. 

It was obvious Arya wasnt sticking around no matter the outcome. there was no place for her there. I really hope one of these spinoffs is arya's adventures in the west. 

Sansa gets whats she wants all along. Independence and to rule...an having her brother rule the other 6 kingdoms certainty doenst hurt. House Stark rises again!