Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

This was WAY more if a happy ending than I was expecting. I think I would have been happier with Jon being eaten. Drogon melts the throne, Jon thinks he's safe, Drogon eats Jon. That would have been a lot more satisfying. Jon should die there, but again. He's the luckiest idiot in all the lands.

Meh.

I didn't hate it, but boy does everyone involve just hastily gloss over a metric ton of shit to get there.  In what world do the Dothraki and the Unsullied find that Jon murdered Dany and just... take him prisoner and wait for a bunch of foreign lords to make a call?  Not five minutes earlier they were a war hungry group of conquerors and then they're just overly diplomatic chumps?  Tyrion, you don't get to speak.  Yes, I understand, but what I will actually do is keep talking and basically decide the king.  Northern independence is accepted with a mild shrug, and the ironborn apparently do forgive rather readily.  

Why is there still even a Night's Watch anyway?  To protect the realm from the wildlings that don't want to live there anyway?  Pretty nice of Tormund and co. to just fuck around for a couple of months in the off chance that Jon came back too.  

That said, Drogon melting the throne is just chuckle worthy.

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Meh.

I didn't hate it, but boy does everyone involve just hastily gloss over a metric ton of shit to get there.  In what world do the Dothraki and the Unsullied find that Jon murdered Dany and just... take him prisoner and wait for a bunch of foreign lords to make a call?  Not five minutes earlier they were a war hungry group of conquerors and then they're just overly diplomatic chumps?  Tyrion, you don't get to speak.  Yes, I understand, but what I will actually do is keep talking and basically decide the king.  Northern independence is accepted with a mild shrug, and the ironborn apparently do forgive rather readily.  

Why is there still even a Night's Watch anyway?  To protect the realm from the wildlings that don't want to live there anyway?  Pretty nice of Tormund and co. to just fuck around for a couple of months in the off chance that Jon came back too.  

I could see him being killed in the heat of the moment. But if Greyworm thinks about it, Jon was king in the north. Killing him could start another war in Westeros and Drogon is MIA (useless to them without Dany anyways). I can’t remember Greyworm ever seeming dumb besides his mental break after Missandei was executed. 

3 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Also, not ash, actual snow. The Starks rule the world. 

2 minutes ago, legend said:

The Starks basically own the world now. 

They really do - an independent Stark kingdom in the North and control of the central government.

Hell, Arya might just conquer whatever lands she finds in the west at this rate.

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Oh, also I love that they show Bran's wise and measured rule by him peacing out of his first meeting in two minutes to go mind hunt a dragon and letting everyone else figure it out. 

And during that ending montage, we don't see him because it would just be him sitting with his eyes rolled back. KING BRAN is boring as fuck. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

They really do - an independent Stark kingdom in the North and control of the central government.

Hell, Arya might just conquer whatever lands she finds in the west at this rate.

Jon is totally the king of the real north. 

Lol at the bittersweet BS. Literally a good happy ending. At least for me. I have hated Dany since day one. Glad she is dead. The spoilers were totally right about everything. But there were spoilers that Jon and Tyrion both died and ones were they died. Glad they lived. Kinging Bran feels really off, and I disliked it, but it is way better in the show. Like, all the spoilers were right, but they sounded fucking awful. When it happened in the show, despite them being true, they were actually really great. The spoilers about this EP sounded way worse than they actually were. Like getting a shot. The idea of getting a shot is worse than actually getting one. 

Ser Pod the Rod is great

Jamie kinda got redeemed by Brienne in the end

The North is ruled by the person I I would have preferred to win the Iron Throne

Arya fucking off is fine

Jon FINALLY pets the damn dog and returns home

Bronn wins at life

Sam wins at life

Every character I wanted to die is dead... except for Grey the Wormless

Very nice 

I still think EP's 3 and 5 are dog shit. But this is a very nice rose that was planted on top of that pile of dog shit. 

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I think Jon is basically headed to be king beyond the wall on top.

EDIT: Seems my reply was a bit late :p 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

I could see him being killed in the heat of the moment. But if Greyworm thinks about it, Jon was king in the north. Killing him could start another war in Westeros and Drogon is MIA (useless to them without Dany anyways). I can’t remember Greyworm ever seeming dumb besides his mental break after Missandei was executed. 

Yeah, it could start a war.  So what?  That's literally what they were about to do anyway, wage global warfare.  Why get gunshy now, right after your beloved queen was murdered?  

I was taken aback by The Unsullied and The Dothraki jus holding Jon prisoner as well but I get that Grey Worm is a military commander and understood the ramifications of executing the former King in the North. I also didn't see Bran being named king but :shrug:

Decent ending... I'd put it my "didn't quite stick the landing" list as far as series finales go. Is an "Arya Stark Pirate of the Seven Seas" show in development? I'd watch that... hell I'd settle for an RPG.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Shit, I forgot that too!

Yeah, Jon is unquestionably "King Beyond the Wall" now.

And who's to question or object if he should decide to take a wife and have kids. Let the Unsullied try to venture North of the wall. 

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Then again, Sam is effectively a stand-in for GRRM after all!

He wants to be Tyrion, but he knows he is Sam. 

7 minutes ago, legend said:

The Starks basically own the world now. 

Wasn't the final book supposed to be called "A Time for Wolves" or some shit like that?

7 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Meh.

The Unsullied are the only ones you'd have to worry about here. The Dothraki could, theoretically, just choose a new leader that's their best fighter like any other day. Now that Dany told them they fulfilled their promise to get, I'm not sure how much they care about a leader dying. The Unsullied are weird, but they're also very mindful of the law, so I could see them having choice paralysis here.

The Night's Watch still being a thing is utter bullshit. It's also stupid there's even still a gate or that anyone would spend any effort rebuilding the gigantic wall that has a huge ass, army-sized hole in it.

Jon should have had his pecker chopped off and exiled north rather than go with the pretence of any Night's Watch BS.

Well I guess I'm ok with the ending. Starks rule the world and they deserve it. Everyone got what they wanted. Jon finally pets Ghost so I guess all is good. I keep thinking about Jon but I guess it's what he wanted so that's enough of a closure 

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah, it could start a war.  So what?  That's literally what they were about to do anyway, wage global warfare.  Why get gunshy now, right after your beloved queen was murdered?  

Because you lost your biggest weapon and you're surrounded in a foreign land?