Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

1 hour ago, number305 said:

Maybe, but people not watching Barry, and Chernobyl are doing it wrong. 

No matter how good they are, the chances of being spoiled are so low that you can reasonably subscribe for a month in the fall and catch up on them and cancel again. GoT was a near constant risk of massive spoilers at any moment, so staying up to date mattered more. It was a water cooler show.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Chernobyl is very good... Barry? I've heard good things but I just don't have any interest in that show for some reason.

It is a half hour show. You definitely should watch the first couple of episodes and give it a try. 

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Chernobyl is very good... Barry? I've heard good things but I just don't have any interest in that show for some reason.

Barry is really excellent. It's a wonderful mix of dark comedy and drama in a half hour show. There's an episode in season 2 that I think might be the best episode of anything this year. Everyone should check it out.

4 hours ago, number305 said:

It is a half hour show. You definitely should watch the first couple of episodes and give it a try. 

Didn't know it was a half hour... seems like an hour long show. I dunno, I may check it out at some point. Something about the premise feels like I've seen this before. Plus I don't know if I buy Bill Heder as a bad ass... again this is knowing next to nothing about the show besides what I've seen in ads. I'm sure it's very good... I've heard nothing but good things. Maybe during the Summer lull, I'll check it out.

So the first three episodes of this season probably should have been the last three episodes of last season at a regular 10 episode length, then they could have focused this final season all on getting the Iron Throne from Cersei, and Daenerys going mad. 

EP5 makes me wish for a remake of Spartacus. Spartacus is plagued with an awful level of d-tier gore and visual effects. I hadn't noticed at the time, but I recently stumbled upon a clip of the show where Crixus and Spartacus are fighting some giant dude and it was just awful.

59 minutes ago, Bacon said:

EP5 makes me wish for a remake of Spartacus. Spartacus is plagued with an awful level of d-tier gore and visual effects. I hadn't noticed at the time, but I recently stumbled upon a clip of the show where Crixus and Spartacus are fighting some giant dude and it was just awful.

That was part of the charm of the show :p

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I watched that show when it aired and also didn't realize how bad it looked. 

I was just thinking the other day how much better I thought Spartacus ended. 

It's a shame what happened to the lead. While it resulted in the introduction of a great character in Gannicus, they replaced him with an actor that just never managed the physical presence that Whitfield had in s1.

It's also the series that made Bennett a favorite of mine, who went on to be great in Arrow.

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I was just thinking the other day how much better I thought Spartacus ended. 

It's a shame what happened to the lead. While it resulted in the introduction of a great character in Gannicus, they replaced him with an actor that just never managed the physical presence that Whitfield had in s1.

It's also the series that made Bennett a favorite of mine, who went on to be great in Arrow.

Spartacus had a great ending... too bad the Ceasar spinoff never happened. The second Spartacus was fine as a replacement. What he lacked in physicality he made up for in intensity. There's a scene in the finale where he's charging the enemy leader with a bloodlust in his eyes thats unreal. Spartacus was a great show for its time.

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Spartacus was a great show for its time.

It really was. It seemed to accomplish everything it set out to do. Even the prequel weaved into the main show quite well. The only issue I remember having was not liking the recasting for Crixus's girl. 

20 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I heard there is a campaign to re shoot Game of Thrones Season 8 over again.

Yeah. All the same people who want Disney to reshoot TLJ are part of the GoT reshoot campaign. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and these people didn't have unreasonable head canon expectations.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

the goofball brother from The Mummy series was so good as the turd slave/gladiator owner.. plus he got him some Lucy Lawless on top of that...

having watched Hercules and Xena the 300-ish Spartacus effects didnt bother me too much..very good program

Wait, we're talking about John fucking Hannah, and you pick "the goofball brother from the mummy" to sum up his career? I suggest you give his filmography a look. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Wait, we're talking about John fucking Hannah, and you pick "the goofball brother from the mummy" to sum up his career? I suggest you give his filmography a look. 

Lol TF are you talking about? The Mummy movies are easily his most well known work. And I’d hardly say that a career of TV movies and guest tv spots is any reason to add a “fucking” to the middle of his name lol. 

15 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol TF are you talking about? The Mummy movies are easily his most well known work. And I’d hardly say that a career of TV movies and guest tv spots is any reason to add a “fucking” to the middle of his name lol. 

Man, John Hannah has been an actor for 40 years and has done far more than the mummy. It's also not his most famous work. He co-starred in multiple tv series, and practically stole the show in Spartacus with Lucy Lawless, on top of keeping the series in the limelight with Blood and Sand when Whitfield was sick and the show was on long hiatus.. He was fantastic on AoS. The James Gang, The Hurricane. You are ignoring a whole career to claim a series of shitty movies is his best work, it's ridiculous. He's an amazing actor. 

5 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Man, John Hannah has been an actor for 40 years and has done far more than the mummy. It's also not his most famous work. He co-starred in multiple tv series, and practically stole the show in Spartacus with Lucy Lawless, on top of keeping the series in the limelight with Blood and Sand when Whitfield was sick and the show was on long hiatus.. He was fantastic on AoS. The James Gang, The Hurricane. You are ignoring a whole career to claim a series of shitty movies is his best work, it's ridiculous. He's an amazing actor. 

I don't think they were saying The Mummy movies are his "best work". They were saying they were his "best known" work until Spartacus and I would think that would be hard to argue. He's a character actor and Spartacus gave him his time to shine and he did a GREAT job carrying that series in the spinoff.