~*D1P's Games of 2019*~

Commissar SFLUFAN

Now that the calendar has rolled over to 2019, it's time to post our usual thread where we talk about what games in 2019 we're current playing, have completed, what we thought of 'em, etc.  Remember that it's not necessary for the game to actually be released in 2019!

I'm going to pick up where I left off in December by completing Metro: Last Light Redux as my first game of 2019.

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm still playing PUBG, Ass. Creed Origins and Mutant Zero mostly.  Also started The Surge. Hoping to put Ass. Creed down soon and start Odyssey.

The Surge is actually great and I suggest really engaging with its systems instead of going for the seemingly easier "play like Dark Souls". There are some really cool ideas in there. 

It's not perfect but I thought it was a really cool AA type title and the dismemberment mechanic never gets old. 

Been poking around in Borderland 2, I always start it up and play a few hours just to uninstall and let it sit for a year or two.

Played a good chunk of Smash yesterday, probably 2/3 done with the story mode.

Trying to keep most of my schedule clear for KHIII. I should actually put in for the day off now that I think about it.

I finished Katamari Damacy REROLL but I'm going for 100% item completion. I finished Mega Man 9, 10 & 11 in the last few days of 2018 so I might go back and play them again. I was waiting for the 1TB SSD I ordered to arrive before installing Dragon Quest XI so other than completionist stuff and replays that'll probably be the next game I play.

6 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Recently purchased Rainbox Six Siege and have been diving into it. It has a steep learning curve. Also need to finish up the last bits of the Spider-Man DLC.

Siege is one of those games that has been quietly brilliant for a long time. They have done a great job refreshing old content with frequent map reworks. It is frustrating how much down time there is in the game though.

I've got quite the list of games to play since the steam sale. Currently I'm playing Wandersong which is a charming game somewhat similar in themes to Undertale. I will say that for a game about singing there is very little music and most of it sucks.

On-going/casual playing:

Tetris Effect
Smash Bros

Mega Man Legacy Collections

Currently trying to complete:

RDR2

Celeste

Octopath

Obsidian (90s PC game)

Mario RPG

Evil Within 2

Games I put on the backburner:

FFXV

Kingdom Hearts

Witcher 3

Zelda BoTW

Upcoming:

Blaster Master Zero

Mega Man 11

Metroid Samus Returns

Games I will be purchasing:

REmake2

Monster Boy

Obra Dinn

Then who knows what will happen when I get VR going. Way too many games I'm playing now with very little time.

• 1 month later...

Playing Final Fantasy XIV a LOT to get ready for the next expansion Shadowbringers. Play time so far 245 daya, 7 hours and 28 minutes.

DoM/DoW

70 Paladin

70 Warrior

70 White Mage

70 Scholar

70 Astrologian

70 Monk

70 Summoner

70 Red Mage

70 Dark Knight

65 Black Mage

64 Bard

64 Machinist

64 Ninja

64 Dragoon

63 Samurai

50 Blue Mage

DoH

70 Carpenter

70 Blacksmith

70 Armorer

70 Goldsmith

70 Leatherworker

70 Weaver

70 Alchemist

70 Culinarian

DoL

70 Miner

70 Botanist

70 Fisher

13 Elemental Level

I beat Mutant Zero last week. Currently playing Ass. Creed Odyssey,  Anthem and the Spiderman DLC mostly. Also working in some PUBG and Apex for my BR fix. I also started up playthroughs in RE7 ( finally) and Zombi for some reason although given that I only tend to play those types if games at night and I spend most nights at my girl's,  no telling when I'm gonna get to finish either one :p

I beat Resident Evil 2 on Standard with the Leon A and Claire B scenarios.  I've now started a Hardcore run with Claire A, and will then do Leon B.  It's a completely brilliant game, and probably the best RE game that I've played (between REmake, RE 4, and RE 7).  The puzzles and exploration I found to be perfect, and just obtuse enough to make you think while not being so inscrutable as to require the help of tips or a guide.  I don't typically like metroidvania games because I get lost easily and can't recall exactly where I need to go or what to use.  RE 2 on the other hand includes some metroidvania elements, but makes use of an ingenious map system and a relatively small environment to keep forward momentum near-constant.  I only got stuck once, but figured it out quickly with a glance through my items and a peak at the map.  I think it's the ultimate expression of what RE has always striven to be.  My only criticism is that the Sewer environment is not nearly as interesting at the Police Station, but I still quite enjoy the campy, over-the-top horror vibe of the last third of the game.

I bought Metro Exodus yesterday, and am really excited to start playing it.  I haven't played any previous Metro games, but I've read really great things about them, and the comparisons to Wolfenstein have gotten me very excited to dive into that world.

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 - 7/10 - Cutscene. Fight. Cutscene. Fight. Rinse. Repeat. Underneath the never ending cutscenes is a fun game with terrific fan service. 

Mostly how I feel about it. So. Many. Cutscenes.

Still haven't finished it though, it got pushed back by Metro and Apex.

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Mostly how I feel about it. So. Many. Cutscenes.

Still haven't finished it though, it got pushed back by Metro and Apex.

It is suffocating at times. When the game is allowed to breathe, it is really fun to play. 

Spoiler

I especially liked the Pirates world even though Captain Jack was creepy as hell. The variety of gameplay (ship, race, underwater) and the ability to explore islands were excellent. And the story didn’t feel that suffocating and actually tied into the movie well since it was about Davey’s Heart

• 2 weeks later...

2 main games for me at the moment from last year, RDR2 and DQXI. Try and put time into those when work/life allow but it's been a little slow going. Probably will be even slower now that I've hopped back into Warframe to check out Fortuna and last week's addition of a completely revamped alert/challenge system.