Active shooter at Mercy Hospital in Chicago

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Depends on how you want to classify mass shootings.

Mass shootings have a clear definition... four or more folks shot in a single incident.

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Looks like the shooter was taken down soon but they don't yet have a tally on the number of victims. :/ 

I heard as many as ten... a cop is in critical condition.

3 minutes ago, outsida said:

There have been 316 mass shootings(define: 4 or more victims injured by gun fire) as of this incident. Today is the 322nd day of the year. 

Got a link?  Some of the ways the masshootingtracker was tabulating data included people with sprained ankles and such.  I believe they included bb/pellet gun incidents as mass shootings.  I think even included Tamerlan Tsarnaev (the Boston Bomber) as a victim of gun violence. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Watching CNN right now, "More than 200 mishaps involving guns with Federal Air Marshalls, including Marshalls leaving their guns behind in plane bathrooms and hotels, accidental discharges and self inflicted gunshot wounds" :|

The air marshals should keep their guns on chains like posers have their wallets on chains, so they don't lose them.  

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Watching CNN right now, "More than 200 mishaps involving guns with Federal Air Marshalls, including Marshalls leaving their guns behind in plane bathrooms and hotels, accidental discharges and self inflicted gunshot wounds" :|

It’s almost like motherfuckers shouldn’t be allowed to own handguns.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

It’s almost like motherfuckers shouldn’t be allowed to own handguns.

I believe that because of the NRA and others, people who own guns, even trained folks, don't treat them with the proper care when it comes to handling them. Accidental shootings are FAR more common than Gun rights folks would have you believe and that's because they've engaged in a coordinated campaign to minimize the dangers that come with guns. I'm not anti gun ownership... just anti-idiots having easy access to guns.