~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

On 8/8/2023 at 4:43 PM, 5timechamp said:

Yup I love the womens team too..

US soccer pundit buffoon Alexi Lalas finally got the opportunity he always wanted to take a free shot at the Womens team.. Called the team divisive and unlikeable due to being too politicized .. he ignores the lack of tactics and injured players..

The USWNT just by the virtue of being women are automatically unlikeable and "woke" to a huge chunk of the American population...For them to be liked by the "not woke" part of the population they would have to play in bikinis/skirts and thank men for the opportunity to play while constantly acknowledging that 15 yr old high school boys could beat them at any time (you see it in any thread involving womens futbol)

take the “politics” out of it and we would still lose… Rapinoe and Morgan should not have been there.. the decision for them to be there was more for marketability and not form/performance… an unwillingness to phase out “aging” stars is a very real problem in many sports… the old “we are better athletes, lets play our hearts out for the crest and we will win” days are long gone.. I hope this finally sinks in with everyone involved in the program.

I agree the treatment of the women’s team has been awful. 

The 15yo boys thing isn’t people “saying it”, it actually happened, I believe the final was 5-1 vs the U15 boys team they played. But I honestly don’t see that as any kind of insult to them, its just proof of sexual dimorphism in sports once children reach puberty.

i do think that making one person the face of a national team hurts the team as a whole though. Rapinoe brings a lot of hate with her that gets transferred to a whole team, most of whom the haters can’t even name. It should be about the team, not about politics or personal beliefs. While Rapinoe has the absolute right to say anything she wants, I’m not sure bringing all that unwanted attention on the rest of the team is good for them.  

The women’s team was beloved until after the 2016 election when a few basically refused Trumps proposal for the whole team, so I don’t think that this is because they are women at all, but more because the star got very, very loud about politics, so the whole team got shuffled to the left side of the current political division and became an object of the culture war. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I agree the treatment of the women’s team has been awful. 

The 15yo boys thing isn’t people “saying it”, it actually happened, I believe the final was 5-1 vs the U15 boys team they played. But I honestly don’t see that as any kind of insult to them, its just proof of sexual dimorphism in sports once children reach puberty.

i do think that making one person the face of a national team hurts the team as a whole though. Rapinoe brings a lot of hate with her that gets transferred to a whole team, most of whom the haters can’t even name. It should be about the team, not about politics or personal beliefs. While Rapinoe has the absolute right to say anything she wants, I’m not sure bringing all that unwanted attention on the rest of the team is good for them.  

The women’s team was beloved until after the 2016 election when a few basically refused Trumps proposal for the whole team, so I don’t think that this is because they are women at all, but more because the star got very, very loud about politics, so the whole team got shuffled to the left side of the current political division and became an object of the culture war. 

Lol

the capitals of 2018 say hello 

their sex had everything to do with it.

Two things:

one, this is the daily mail

two, if true, just another example of how shitty a person is

74254473-0-image-a-18_1691873576665.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Ivana Trump's grave has become overgrown with grass and is barely visible exclusive Dailymail.com pictures reveal.  

2 hours ago, silentbob said:
1563677308.jpg
WWW.VOX.COM

Two conservative lawyers make a strong 14th Amendment argument. But the politics of their theory are very, very dicey.

This seems more like a backdoor maneuver to allow states to reject ANY politicians they disapprove of (for whatever reason).

On 8/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, BloodyHell said:

The loss versus the boys team happened for sure.. but its just the dog whistle people use when its time to rally the troops to hate on the team..

Nobody made Rapinoe the face of the team, but she became the “face” of the team to those who chose to attack it.. As someone else mentioned, they know Rapinoe and maybe Morgan (because shes the face marketing focused on), but they know nothing else about the team or the players..

Overall its just another extension of the “Real  Patriot” mentality that many morons out there have…“Home of the free and the brave”… unless youre brave enough to challenge the status quo

50 minutes ago, osxmatt said:
17dc-jan6-zlcf-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The lawyers said the extraordinary delay was needed given the historic nature of the case and the volume of discovery materials they will have to sort through in the coming months.

Your honor, I will need at least a million zillion years to go over all these documents.

I would like to request the heat death of the universe as a possible trial date....

8 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

spacer.png

This is why I feel Trump is screwed--none of these "true believers" are going to stay loyal when they face huge legal fees or a lengthy prison sentence. That's the advantage of RICO charges; impetus for all the others to flip. Trump is going to turn on you, it's what he does, at what point do you flip first?

5 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

This is why I feel Trump is screwed--none of these "true believers" are going to stay loyal when they face huge legal fees or a lengthy prison sentence. That's the advantage of RICO charges; impetus for all the others to flip. Trump is going to turn on you, it's what he does, at what point do you flip first?

Yeah, it's always been a free for all with these Trump scandals and witnesses, but adding in over a dozen co-defendants into charges with a 5 year mandatory minimum sentence and likely not pardonable even if Trump wins in '24....this is going to be an infinitely bigger cluster fuck as everyone has to figure out who might get out of the pool first and Trump has to try to keep them all in line with veiled Tweets that will inevitably violate his bond order :lol:

11 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, it's always been a free for all with these Trump scandals and witnesses, but adding in over a dozen co-defendants into charges with a 5 year mandatory minimum sentence and likely not pardonable even if Trump wins in '24....this is going to be an infinitely bigger cluster fuck as everyone has to figure out who might get out of the pool first and Trump has to try to keep them all in line with veiled Tweets that will inevitably violate his bond order :lol:

Look we all know how this is going to play out for Trump. He was given advice on this decades ago. DECADES.

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Trump doesn't have true believers. He is surrounded by people who will do literally anything to gain power and money. That's what a true believer is in his world. They believe in doing and saying anything that will benefit them.

So turning on him the second it becomes advantageous to them is part of the entire belief structure.

• Halal 2

18 hours ago, ort said:

Trump doesn't have true believers. He is surrounded by people who will do literally anything to gain power and money. That's what a true believer is in his world. They believe in doing and saying anything that will benefit them.

So turning on him the second it becomes advantageous to them is part of the entire belief structure.

So.. he's a Sith basically.