~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

24 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

What happens if Trump loses in 2024? Where does the Republican Party go from there? I mean, they spent the last 7 years going all-in on Trump.

Push to change the requirements for president so they can run Elon

• True 1
  • Halal 1

18 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Push for Elon, end up with Arnie

Demolition Man happens 

You joke, but Arnold was so popular with Republicans in 2011 that they were seriously considering making the change… and then Trump pulled the “Obama was born in Kenya” stunt so Republicans dropped it. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I don't think I've ever seen a national team more utterly hated by its own nation.

Also, don't tell him that Sweden is more liberal than the US

Speak for yourself, we were watching it at work and basically the whole dept was watching the penalty kicks.

28 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Speak for yourself, we were watching it at work and basically the whole dept was watching the penalty kicks.

I love the USWNT. Followed them since '99. No one in my friend circle cares though. They would have watched if the kickoff times were more convenient.

This team was basically set up to fail with an incompetent Fed and an even more incompetent coach. Hopefully, at least the latter will be dealt with.

Yup I love the womens team too..

US soccer pundit buffoon Alexi Lalas finally got the opportunity he always wanted to take a free shot at the Womens team.. Called the team divisive and unlikeable due to being too politicized .. he ignores the lack of tactics and injured players..

The USWNT just by the virtue of being women are automatically unlikeable and "woke" to a huge chunk of the American population...For them to be liked by the "not woke" part of the population they would have to play in bikinis/skirts and thank men for the opportunity to play while constantly acknowledging that 15 yr old high school boys could beat them at any time (you see it in any thread involving womens futbol)

take the “politics” out of it and we would still lose… Rapinoe and Morgan should not have been there.. the decision for them to be there was more for marketability and not form/performance… an unwillingness to phase out “aging” stars is a very real problem in many sports… the old “we are better athletes, lets play our hearts out for the crest and we will win” days are long gone.. I hope this finally sinks in with everyone involved in the program.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Yup I love the womens team too..

US soccer pundit buffoon Alexi Lalas finally got the opportunity he always wanted to take a free shot at the Womens team.. Called the team divisive and unlikeable due to being too politicized .. he ignores the lack of tactics and injured players..

The USWNT just by the virtue of being women are automatically unlikeable and "woke" to a huge chunk of the American population...For them to be liked by the "not woke" part of the population they would have to play in bikinis/skirts and thank men for the opportunity to play while constantly acknowledging that 15 yr old high school boys could beat them at any time (you see it in any thread involving womens futbol)

take the “politics” out of it and we would still lose… Rapinoe and Morgan should not have been there.. the decision for them to be there was more for marketability and not form/performance… an unwillingness to phase out “aging” stars is a very real problem in many sports… the old “we are better athletes, lets play our hearts out for the crest and we will win” days are long gone.. I hope this finally sinks in with everyone involved in the program.

Perpetual loser, Alexi Lalas, trying to explain what it would take for the USWNT to get back to their winning ways is a hoot. Probably only hired because of his stupid haircut in '94 basically making him the Carrot Top of soccer analysts. And they countered his loserdom with Carli "bitter as fuck" Lloyd, who thinks more heart, grit, and well-planned windsprints in the background would get the job done. 1-time WC winner and 1-time WC watcher because Ellis had the balls to bench her in 2019 because Morgan was younger and better (part of the reason for Carli's bitterness), which goes back to your point.

The transition period of vets and kids coupled with some of the kids' injuries (Swanson and Macario) did not help. If those 2 were healthy, Morgan and Pinoe's minutes would be more limited. After watching the Sweden game and given the roster, my ideal lineup would be the same 4-2-3-1, same backline, same d-mids, Trin-Horan-Rose, and Sophia up top. I'd prefer Rose in the middle and Lynn on the wing but VA never benches Horan.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Musk thread, but Special Counsel Smith obtained a search warrant for Donald Trump's Twitter account back in January, but Twitter (now X) refused to cooperate, resulting in over $350k in contempt charges against the company, according reporter Kyle Cheney.

• Sicko 1

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Musk thread, but Special Counsel Smith obtained a search warrant for Donald Trump's Twitter account back in January, but Twitter (now X) refused to cooperate, resulting in over $350k in contempt charges against the company, according reporter Kyle Cheney.

:Sherman: but also why did they need a warrant to read his tweets?