~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

WWW.CNN.COM

Former President Donald Trump said in an interview that he received counsel from numerous people shortly after the 2020 election but that it was his decision to push the false claim he won the election and try to overturn the results.

Did he just go and Krusty The Clown himself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

That CNN headline seems misleading. It seems like he is saying it was his decision to believe that the election was rigged. But it’s hard to tell since he rambles on incoherently throughout the transcript. 

It's not; legal experts say this undercuts his entire defense that he listened to his lawyers. Here, he says this was all on him, his decision, he believed it was over the entire time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It's not; legal experts say this undercuts his entire defense that he listened to his lawyers. Here, he says this was all on him, his decision, he believed it was over the entire time.

But the headline says it was his decision to overturn an election. In the transcript: 

KRISTEN WELKER:

Were you calling the shots, though, Mr. President, ultimately?

FMR. PRES. DONALD TRUMP:

As to whether or not I believed it was rigged? Oh, sure.

KRISTEN WELKER:

Okay.

FMR. PRES. DONALD TRUMP:

It was my decision. But I listened to some people. Some people said that. Like, guys like Bill Barr, who was a stiff, but he wasn’t there at the time.

Seems like he was saying that it was his decision on whether or not he believed it was rigged. I’m sure that has legal implications, but that headline seems like click bait. 

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The question is whether that admission would be admissable evidence in court to undercut his defense absent already-obtained evidence by the prosecution that supports the admission.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The question is whether that admission would be admissable evidence in court to undercut his defensee absent already-obtained evidence by the prosecution that supports the admission.

I'm just sharing what NBC is reporting in their Nightly News story where legal experts they say they interviewed say this admission could undercut his entire defense.

Seems like he was saying that it was his decision on whether or not he believed it was rigged. I’m sure that has legal implications, but that headline seems like click bait. 

The transcript makes it seem as plain as day that he directed his own belief that the election was rigged and that's just about as far as we reasonably can go without extrapolation.

• Like 1
  • True 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The transcript makes it seem as plain as day that he directed his own belief that the election was rigged and that's just about as far as we reasonably can go without extrapolation.

Agreed. If that hurts him legally that’s great news. He directed his own belief. Do any of us really :p?

When I read the transcript I thought very little of that statement. But if he is saying in court that his lawyers directed his belief and all his actions, this is a big contradiction. 

Agreed. If that hurts him legally that’s great news. He directed his own belief. Do any of us really :p?

When I read the transcript I thought very little of that statement. But if he is saying in court that his lawyers directed his belief and all his actions, this is a big contradiction. 

That's exactly the argument being made, yup.

Just now, Massdriver said:

It's a contradiction, but I'm willing to bet that it's an irrelevant one for the legal purposes of the cases. It's something said in a television interview, for heaven's sake.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It would really be great if legal and political pundits stopped LARPing themselves into some Aaron Sorkin / John Grisham legal drama, or stopped edging like they're going to get a Frost / Nixon moment.

The Frost/Nixon moment did nothing to Nixon since he was already out of office.

25 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If anything, his attorneys might've coached him to respond to that question in such a narrowly-defined context as to his "beliefs" rather than his "actions" as that would be congruent with his overall First Amendment-based defense.

cmon. Like the man actually listens to his lawyers.

but still it is a bad defense. It’s even covered in the indictment. His actions are what he’s being prosecuted for not his beliefs. Yeah yeah going to try and taint the jury pool and win the court of public opinion. But anything he says now can be admitted to court as evidence; it’s why good lawyers tell you to shut the fuck up. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

It’s so funny that he represents apex masculinity to so many MAGAts, when he is such a vain, bitchy, little gossip. 

Donald Trump King/Queen of “The Karen’s” 

He even shares the same hair style with them and always wants to complain about the managers 

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

No big deal, just Trump saying Milley should be put to death:

MjAwOTg5NzkwODY1MjA0NjI1.webp

So much of the work of the Executive Branch is performed through appointments to Executive agencies.

So much so that one could easily argue that choosing good appointments is 30 or 40% of doing the job well.

In which case, Mr. Hires Only The Best People has proven himself unqualified for the job based solely on the fact that three quarters of those he appointed were either fired in disgrace, resigned in protest, have been criminaly indicted or convicted, and/or are currently embroiled in Twitter fueds with Trump to this day.

Imagine a hiring manager at an office complaining every day that nothing gets done because everyone working there is incompetent. Sooner or later, someone's probably going to start asking who is hiring all the dinguses.

Trump was jealous of Hunter's current prohibition on owning firearms, so he decided to join the fray: 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Officials have increasingly voiced concerns about threats of violence related to the former president’s trials, as he faces charges that would make it illegal for a store to sell him a firearm.

TL;DR:  People facing felony indictment cannot own or purchase/transfer firearms. 

Question 21.C from the background check form: 

Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year, or are you a current member of the military who has been charged with violation(s) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and whose charge(s) have been referred to a general court-martial?