~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

16 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

It fits his base though, a bunch of truck driving idiots that never haul anything.

I point that out to a few people out here that they drive this monstrous trucks that you need a ladder to get into it. They never once have taken them off road and the only loads they have hauled in them are groceries, but they claim that one day they will need the functionality. Years later and I am still waiting to see that day for them. 

3 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I point that out to a few people out here that they drive this monstrous trucks that you need a ladder to get into it. They never once have taken them off road and the only loads they have hauled in them are groceries, but they claim that one day they will need the functionality. Years later and I am still waiting to see that day for them. 

My main objection to them is that you shouldn't be able to take your driving test in a Smart ForTwo and then immediately use that same license to go drive one of those enormous pickup trucks. People freak out about maybe getting hit by someone on an electric scooter while having no problem with people driving these trucks with grilles at head-height on adults around cities. @b_m_b_m_b_m

You could get so many of those fucking things off the road if you required a separate type of driver's license for them, it'd force people to actually think about whether they need one.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

My main objection to them is that you shouldn't be able to take your driving test in a Smart ForTwo and then immediately use that same license to go drive one of those enormous pickup trucks. People freak out about maybe getting hit by someone on an electric scooter while having no problem with people driving these trucks with grilles at head-height on adults around cities. @b_m_b_m_b_m

You could get so many of those fucking things off the road if you required a separate type of driver's license for them, it'd force people to actually think about whether they need one.

Hey don't say that around here. People will tell you it is their constitutional right to have those trucks. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

You clearly don't live in a mid-rise apartment complex in Manhattan!

AstonishingHeavenlyButterfly-small.gif

I once stayed a few days at an apartment in Hell's Kitchen and when I took a shower it sounded like the souls of the damned were trying to leave the wall.

• Haha 2

Just now, ort said:

He keeps talking about this suburb thing... what the fuck is he even on about?

Obama actually started enforcing the AFFH to try to kill segregation in the suburbs. Trump undid all of that a while back. Biden had promised to restore the enforcement of a law written like fifty years ago.

Trump has no idea that he already undid the enforcement Obama did here.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There was a HUD rule from the Obama administration that made an effort to actually enforce the Fair Housing Act.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/477171-hud-to-rollback-obama-era-housing-desegregation-rule

And Trump already put that enforcement on hold two years ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/upshot/trump-delays-hud-fair-housing-obama-rule.html

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Obama actually started enforcing the AFFH to try to kill segregation in the suburbs. Trump undid all of that a while back. Biden had promised to restore the enforcement of a law written like fifty years ago.

Trump has no idea that he already undid the enforcement Obama did here.

This is the wildest thing about how they're trying to campaign right now--you're supposed to believe that every major city in the country got set on fire by BLM in late May has been on fire since, and you're supposed to believe that the mob is now dispersing out into the suburbs and coming to graffiti the side of your SUV or whatever, but you're supposed to give Trump a pass for this happening while he was the president, but also believe that he can keep you safe from it all if you elect him a second time. Also, you have to not think about the actual biggest threat that currently exists at all.

5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This is the wildest thing about how they're trying to campaign right now--you're supposed to believe that every major city in the country got set on fire by BLM in late May has been on fire since, and you're supposed to believe that the mob is now dispersing out into the suburbs and coming to graffiti the side of your SUV or whatever, but you're supposed to give Trump a pass for this happening while he was the president, but also believe that he can keep you safe from it all if you elect him a second time. Also, you have to not think about the actual biggest threat that currently exists at all.

They've been showing ads about this for the last couple of weeks in my area, about how Biden will "Defund The Police" in the literal sense, and that we won't be safe in an America run by Biden.

As opposed to...what?  An America where these protests are already happening, alongside a pandemic that is getting worse and quickly spiraling out of control?  Oh yeah, I totally feel completely safe right now!

14 hours ago, Jason said:

They are functionally the same. Have you ever driven one? You can see around you far better in one. The only thing that is harder with s truck is parallel parking. Otherwise, if its automatic, it is no different than driving a Honda Civic, aside from sitting high.

I really don’t get the hate for them, especially the modern ones. My GMC Elevation gets 26mpg.

I do actually haul with it though. I just hauled 3500lbs of supplies to my rez a few weeks ago. And I drag my bass boat and ATV all over the place, since I'm getting to do a lot more competitive fishing now.

I was supposed to be competing in a tournament in Quebec, Canada this week, and then Ontario next. This pandemic has certainly screwed up everyone’s plans. 

11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

They are functionally the same. Have you ever driven one? You can see around you far better in one. The only thing that is harder with s truck is parallel parking. Otherwise, if its automatic, it is no different than driving a Honda Civic, aside from sitting high.

I really don’t get the hate for them, especially the modern ones. My GMC Elevation gets 26mpg.

I do actually haul with it though. I just hauled 3500lbs of supplies to my rez a few weeks ago. And I drag my bass boat and ATV all over the place, since I'm getting to do a lot more competitive fishing now.

I was supposed to be competing in a tournament in Quebec, Canada this week, and then Ontario next. This pandemic has certainly screwed up everyone’s plans. 

With these big trucks, you're more likely to kill someone if you hit them, and while you can more easily see other cars on the road, it's harder to see children and other nondrivers around you.

32 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

With these big trucks, you're more likely to kill someone if you hit them, and while you can more easily see other cars on the road, it's harder to see children and other nondrivers around you.

It really isn’t harder to see around you.  Behind yes, but thats why most new trucks have back up cams. I certainly don’t think everyone should have one, but they are functionally no different to drive than a car. That is all I was pointing out.  

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

No. You have a much bigger forward blind spot than with a Civic and unlike with a Civic, which hits people in the legs and throws them over the hood, they hit people in the vital organs and drag them under the truck. And when they rear end another vehicle, they risk riding up on top of the vehicle in front and crushing everyone inside. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

No. You have a much bigger blind spot than with a Civic and unlike with a Civic, which hits people in the legs and throws them over the hood, they hit people in the vital organs and drag them under the truck. 

I think you are really understating the damage a car does to a human body. By a lot. And the blind spots on new trucks are not bad at all. If you can drive a car, you can drive a truck. 

I’m more concerned with those who do their test in automatics and buy standard sports cars.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Some of these trucks you can't see people crossing the road in front of you, "legally" or not

It more sounds like you guys just don’t like trucks and want reasons to complain. 

I would like to see data on accidents caused by cars versus trucks, per capita. I see a lot more drivers of cars acting like asses on the road than I do trucks. 

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I think you are really understating the damage a car does to a human body. By a lot. And the blind spots on new trucks are not bad at all. If you can drive a car, you can drive a truck. 

I’m more concerned with those who do their in automatics and buy standard sports cars.

trucks-danger-zone.jpg

• Thanks 1