~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's not completely true. You could also be this dumb, but with the right connections, become part of the Trump administration

Very true. It doesn't matter how stupid or how much of a bully you are; if you are born into the right family you will always have a place in the GOP.

They broke this kids hand, bruised him up, and tried to arrest him because he started throwing up when they tried ordering him around? All while his mother was screaming to leave him be and he needed medical attention?

Those cops should be fired. It's a shame they won't be, it'll be called a learning experience, and the family's lawsuit will be funded by taxpayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I don't know. I don't think the situation had to escalate like that, but I'm betting a lot of you don't experience this stuff ever. Healthcare workers are assaulted by patients at an alarmingly high rate. And honestly? If someone spit a mouthful of blood in my face, my reaction may not be too great, either. Definitely not saying it was acceptable what the officer did and it's fucking stupid for the sheriff to completely deny what's clearly there on video.

I think there were much better ways to handle the situation and fat rent-a-cop should have kept his cool and smaller rent-a-cop was dead wrong for slamming the kid to the ground like that.

But as someone who has been assaulted by patients, had to call security countless times for out of control patients, a lot of you don't know what it's really like. I've never hit a patient, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Methuen’s police chief is one of the highest paid in the country — and he says he deserves more

TLDR: Methuen MA’s Chief of Police made a salary of $326,707 in 2019 and won’t take 10 unpaid furlough days to help with budget shortfalls, the only Methuen department head to do so.

Methuen? I'm from the area. Methuen? How does a small town of 50k have a police chief making that much? They have fewer than 100 officers.

19 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Methuen? I'm from the area. Methuen? How does a small town of 50k have a police chief making that much? They have fewer than 100 officers.

Apparently his contract is weird and amongst other things he’s guaranteed to be paid at least 2.6X more than any patrol officers on the force. The whole thing is bananas.

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Apparently his contract is weird and amongst other things he’s guaranteed to be paid at least 2.6X more than any patrol officers on the force. The whole thing is bananas.

Simple solution then. Fire every cop that works for him and give him one intern for the remainder of his contract. Methuen is a tiny, quiet town. I doubt anyone would notice the lack of local cops for the next few years until he's gone.

Reading through the article, he's likely the second highest paid officer in the country right behind LA's Chief of Police? The man should be a pariah. He shouldn't be able to step foot inside any business anywhere in the Merrimack Valley and not get straight ignored.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Reading through the article, he's likely the second highest paid officer in the country right behind LA's Chief of Police? The man should be a pariah. He shouldn't be able to step foot inside any business anywhere in the Merrimack Valley and not get straight ignored.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.