And Sony's next lives action video game film shall be...Zelda?

Ghost_MH

DEADLINE.COM

Sony is making sure they have their future theatrical franchises covered as the actors strike hopes to end as the studio is co-financing with Nintendo a live...

Wes Ball is directing, Derek Connolly writing, and Miyamoto among the producers.

I have no idea how this ends up, but I'm certainly intrigued.

Depending on how Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes turns out, Wes Ball directing could be encouraging news as I did like his Maze Runner trilogy overall given the YA source material he was dealing with there. But Derek Connolly, Colin Trevorrow's co-writer on the Jurassic World trilogy? Yeah, now I'm concerned.  

36 minutes ago, Brian said:

I thought was about the Bloodborne rumor

COMICBOOK.COM

Bloodborne 2 may never happen, but a Bloodborne movie apparently is.

Hopefully the film stays true to the source material and in order to understand the lore you need to read something printed on a popcorn cup and buy specific candy to see certain endings. Also it'll make no fucking sense at all.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, UpvoteShittyTakesOnly said:

i havent stopped thinking about a laika zelda since I read this 

Sorry for putting something that'll never happen in your head. Some studios sort of just line up in my head for Nintendo franchises. Laika and Zelda, particularly if we're looking at a young Link, just fits really well for me.

The offbeat collab that I always thought would work great with Nintendo is Aardman. I'd love to see their take on like Star Fox, Wario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Pikmin.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Sorry for putting something that'll never happen in your head. Some studios sort of just line up in my head for Nintendo franchises. Laika and Zelda, particularly if we're looking at a young Link, just fits really well for me.

The offbeat collab that I always thought would work great with Nintendo is Aardman. I'd love to see their take on like Star Fox, Wario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Pikmin.

Kubo and the Two Strings is basically somewhat of a Zelda blueprint.