Games that made you cry. (NO SPOILERS).

CastletonSnob

Interesting question... I don't know that any have? I have gotten more emotional as I've gotten older (which I find relentlessly annoying) even within the last couple years. So I assume some stuff that I've played would make me cry now even if it didn't at the time. It's rarely stuff that I feel / assume is designed to trigger those responses that does it for me. So something like the end of the GameCube version of RE4, where you see the pre-infection Ganados just going about their lives? I've always felt that was very sad. Maybe some of the endings in Nier: Automata? Hmm.

Gears of War 3 was the first game to ever make me tear up. The nostalgia of the song and the memories is brought back of playing 1 with friends had as much to do with it as the actual story beat. 

Last Guardian. I fucking lost it. 

GoW Ragnarok. Got me to tear up a few times and lose it towards the end. 

Might have been a couple small moments here and there I’m forgetting. The end of Ezio’s story when he was old maybe? The end of Black Flag maybe(my absolute favorite end to a game)?

• Hugs 1

I'll man up and say it

Spoiler

It was kingdom hearts 1. I also remember the end being a pain in the ass to get through.

59 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Never cried at a game. Or a book. A couple movies have made me tear up a bit. 

I just really don’t cry often. 

What about looking at the bank account after a buying spree? :D

• Haha 1

Don't think I've ever cried during a game yet, but I've gotten misty eyed at The Walking Dead, Edith Finch (as Keyzer_Soze says above, both good picks), parts of FFXIV (it can deal with some tremendously heavy subjects and suffering at times), Persona 4 got to me a bit during one scene (you know the one!), Brothers did with that moment at the end, and I'm sure there's a few more but I can't think of any at the moment.

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No but if it made you tear up is it worth playing now? What's it available on?

It’s an action platformer, not sure if it’s your jam. But they just did a remake of Klonoa 1 and 2 so it’s on ps5 and switch! Definitely one of my favorite games (both of them). But you know, I love platformers.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It’s an action platformer, not sure if it’s your jam. But they just did a remake of Klonoa 1 and 2 so it’s on ps5 and switch! Definitely one of my favorite games (both of them). But you know, I love platformers.

I looked it up. It's not my jam. 

• True 1