Superman (f/k/a Superman Legacy) - Official Thread

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To be fair I think he's still up for Luthor on this... which I think is a better fit.

Maybe, but to me Lex should be about a decade older than Clark. The best live action Lex Luthor we've gotten is still Michael Rosenbaum in Smallville, even if that show was a little goofy, and ran for too long. 

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To be fair I think he's still up for Luthor on this... which I think is a better fit.

He could be a good Lex but it seems like they are trying to get either Alex or Bill Skarsgard. I could be behind either of those choices as well. 

lex-luthor-header.png?resize=1200,630
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

A Superman: Legacy casting update has revealed who some of the possible choices for Lex Luthor could be in the DCU.

• Halal 1

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

Maybe, but to me Lex should be about a decade older than Clark. The best live action Lex Luthor we've gotten is still Michael Rosenbaum in Smallville, even if that show was a little goofy, and ran for too long. 

I have no idea these days but is Lex still supposed to be Clark's former childhood friend?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I looked at his credits and the only thing I’ve seen is We Own This City.

MV5BZTFkNmE5MjUtZDE1Yi00ZmQyLTk2YWUtN2Ew
WWW.IMDB.COM

Pearl: Directed by Ti West. With Mia Goth, David Corenswet, Tandi Wright, Matthew Sunderland. In 1918, a young woman on the brink of madness pursues stardom in a desperate attempt to escape the drudgery, isolation and lovelessness of life on her parents' farm.

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

I really don't know who either of these actors are, but I guess it is tradition at this point to cast relative unknowns as Superman; Reeves was an unknown, Routh was an unknown, Cavill was an unknown. 

I think that goes for most major franchise roles at this point. You don't want to sign a multi-film contract for a James Bond or a Spider-Man that is going to cost you an arm and a leg before you even know if the new franchise is a hit.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I think that goes for most major franchise roles at this point. You don't want to sign a multi-film contract for a James Bond or a Spider-Man that is going to cost you an arm and a leg before you even know if the new franchise is a hit.

True. Most of the Marvel star heroes weren't exactly A-listers when they were cast after all.