Kevin McCarthy poised to lose first-round vote for Speaker for the first time in a century | Update: McCarthy "wins" Speakership in the FIFTEENTH round...on a technicality

6 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I honestly think the democrats would have been better off just breaking for McCarthy. Yeah it was fun watching them shit the bed but In the long run letting the terrorists drive the car is going to potentially be a diaster for everyone. 

They are going to obstructionists no matter what. They have no real power, other than to get in the way and cause problems. They only make them selves look better for their "base" but less electable in a general election. Have at it.

• True 2

18 minutes ago, Ominous said:

They are going to obstructionists no matter what. They have no real power, other than to get in the way and cause problems. They only make them selves look better for their "base" but less electable in a general election. Have at it.

But correct me if I'm wrong, McCarthy conceded a bunch of shit that gives the terrorists more power than what they would have had otherwise. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh my sweet summer child.

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My brother in Vishnu, it's only just begun.

Theoretically, this was supposed to be the "easy" vote to win.

My fault, I should clarify. I wasn't talking about in general, just the speaker vote. I fully know we're going to have a prime time investigation of Hunter Biden, a call to decertify the election and the impeachment of Biden.