The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah i meant when that first launched too, that’s when it had a 1:1. The ratio for BOTW actually got worse over time, so that means this ratio will likely get worse as well.

I mean, there was no other game worth playing, the console was new. I doubt BotW would have had any better of a ratio if there were 125m consoles.

The more I play this it's on the same level difficulty wise as Elden Ring for me. In fact, it's even more difficult because basically every step you make uou have to solve some sort of puzzle. 

I made more progress this evening but Jesus is this game daunting for me. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The more I play this it's on the same level difficulty wise as Elden Ring for me. In fact, it's even more difficult because basically every step you make uou have to solve some sort of puzzle. 

The first thing I always do is unlock a bunch of towers it reveals the map and offers significant mobility so that you're not constantly trying to navigate hills and valleys with low stamina.

I haven't gotten to a single dungeon yet but I've gotten all but 2 towers so I can move around easily and keep track of things better with pins & stamps

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Maybe try staying up past 8 lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have a (armor spoilers)

Hide contents

Full wingsuit 

and it feels great. 

After finding the first bit, I wondered if the rest would be found in similar Loki g structures and sure enough…

Yup, it’s really good. I only have two pieces so far.

27 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I went for three circles before I upgraded health. I beat the wind boss with four hearts.

I actually did exactly the same. I took down the Wind Temple and Water Temple with 4 hearts and a lot of food, but I only had two circles by the time I got to the Water Temple. After the second circle I gave up and got some hearts.

I keep seeing videos of people with 8 fully charged batteries. Most of my time is above ground rather than under, but I *just* got one extra sliver. So 8 full batteries seems like a crazy number! Are these people.

1. Sinking every last moment they have into Zelda?

2. Using something you find later which makes it much easier to upgrade the battery?

3. Using a dup glitch?

If it's 2, I don't need to know how, just that here is an in game mechanic that makes it easier.

Using my Yuzu copy of my save, which is like a week older, to experiment with building stuff worry-free.

Came up with this weird trampoline car thing (video processing will probably take a while so it'll be blurry as shit when I post this):

I actually think it could be kinda cool for jumping over small gaps and stuff if I could figure out how to get it to not immediately trigger when I assume control. I think in keeping the control of your contraptions so simple (use a control stick or hit to activate, then directions, nothing else I'm aware of) it actually kinda hurts the limitations of what you can do. Even just an activate/deactivate button or something would be nice. 

That said, still able to come up with plenty of crazy bullshit. Even this I think I could get to work by angling the springs instead of having them be flat. The biggest potential for PC modding or modding in general would be removing the attachment limitation, which at the moment is disappointingly small. That thing is the size it is because it's exactly the amount of items you're allowed to use. Of course, this is to keep the Switch's CPU from creating a black hole, but on PC there is no such limitation! That and allowing items to stay where they are at any distance (at least if marked or made via autobuild or something) would be INCREDIBLE.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

I keep seeing videos of people with 8 fully charged batteries. Most of my time is above ground rather than under, but I *just* got one extra sliver. So 8 full batteries seems like a crazy number! Are these people.

2. Using something you find later which makes it much easier to upgrade the battery?

3. Using a dup glitch?

If it's 2, I don't need to know how, just that here is an in game mechanic that makes it easier.

It's 2, but not necessarily "later," you know, being an open world and all. But you should definitely stumble upon the source of improved batteries soon!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, legend said:

3. Using a dup glitch?

I don’t know about batteries, and nothing available for stamina/hearts either, but there’s a PC mod file that changes Hetsu weapon/bow/shield slots to one korok seed each.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

3. Using a dup glitch?

Yeah, it’s just farming, but it’s easy when you find the place to farm them. I have 8, the max is apparently 16 batteries. 

45 large Zoanite gets you a full bar. 300 regular zoanite gets you a single sliver. 

• Thanks 1

Jesus is controlling the horse in this annoying. The horse keeps wanting to go hard left and I barely can control the fucker. Maybe if I get a better horse that will go away? Also, I registered my horse but when I whistle for it it doesn't show up lol.

Elden Ring has absolutely incredible horse controls which spoiled me big time. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jesus is controlling the horse in this annoying. The horse keeps wanting to go hard left and I barely can control the fucker. Maybe if I get a better horse that will go away? Also, I registered my horse but when I whistle for it it doesn't show up lol.

Elden Ring has absolutely incredible horse controls which spoiled me big time. 

It's probably because it's not totally tamed. You have to sooth it with L bumper until its tamed etc 

• Halal 1

31 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

It's probably because it's not totally tamed. You have to sooth it with L bumper until its tamed etc 

No, I tame the hell outta of it lol. But it's my first horse and when I registered it the statistics were not great. So do the horses eventually control better? What about my horse not coming to me when I whistle?

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No, I tame the hell outta of it lol. But it's my first horse and when I registered it the statistics were not great. So do the horses eventually control better? What about my horse not coming to me when I whistle?

If you're too far away they won't respond. But they'll be at a stable if you registered them. Not sure about their stats and controlling them.. The giant horse I had from BotW transferred over and it controls great

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

If you're too far away they won't respond. But they'll be at a stable if you registered them. Not sure about their stats and controlling them.. The giant horse I had from BotW transferred over and it controls great

Hmm. I need to check the stables again and see if my horse from BOTW transferred over...