The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I took a break for dinner but Jesus I want to go back and play more.  😩 

Obviously without spoilers, but is the story in this a bit more in depth than BOTW? I want to get the story rolling now. Should I beat a dungeon?

Yeah the story is more in depth and there's more to it than in BotW. Clear some dungeons, the cities have lots of side quests to unlock gear, unique shops, etc, and the dungeons unlock some handy traversal/combat abilities. 

I think I'm starting to maybe near the end game?

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Hand76 said:

Can anyone answer a question, shrines show a chest if you get them all. Is the same true for the dungeons in this game?

I know Divine Beasts also displayed the icon in Botw

Other than the rare Large Zoanite most of the stuff you get from chests is pretty useless.  Most of the ones with better weapons/shield have it right at the end next to the blessing.

If beasts had it in BotW I doubt they'd get rid of it for TotK.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I've never seen a chest icon next to any shrine in this game, which I'm glad about because the chest contents usually suck. I still open them all but I don't want them to be part of properly "clearing" a shrine like in BotW.

Shrines absolutely have chest icons next to them. Not sure about Temples.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Shrines absolutely have chest icons next to them. Not sure about Temples.

Do they? If they have I sure haven't noticed them. :lol:

Ohhh it's when you hover over them. Yeah I've never actually hovered over a shrine for longer than the time it takes to spam the "travel" button!

Finally occurred to me to look more closely at the map and I realized...

Spoiler

Shrines on the overworked are directly above lightroots in the depths. Dunno about sky shrines, haven't looked.

I assume everyone else knew this, but... I didn't :p

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Finally occurred to me to look more closely at the map and I realized...

Hide contents

Shrines on the overworked are directly above lightroots in the depths. Dunno about sky shrines, haven't looked.

I assume everyone else knew this, but... I didn't :p

Spoiler

I wouldnt have noticed until Robbie pointed it out to me during that one quest.

Forcing myself to stop for the night. And while I haven't done anything for the main quest today I still feel like I got a lot of stuff done....and yet also feel like I haven't scratched the surface of the game :lol:

but the big achievements for today were

Spoiler

got auto build and just finished up getting the last piece of the glide armor. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

8 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Forcing myself to stop for the night. And while I haven't done anything for the main quest today I still feel like I got a lot of stuff done....and yet also feel like I haven't scratched the surface of the game :lol:

but the big achievements for today were

Hide contents

got auto build and just finished up getting the last piece of the glide armor. 

Mine was fully upgrading my main armor and getting my battery to 10 charges. I really need to get back to main quests.

25 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

How do I upgrade my battery?

You need to 100 crystalized zonite and then you can take it to the forger in the main Sky Island to craft into another battery third.

It sounds like there's ways to farm that better, but I still haven't reached it :p 

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, legend said:

You need to 100 crystalized zonite and then you can take it to the forger in the main Sky Island to craft into another battery third.

It sounds like there's ways to farm that better, but I still haven't reached it :p 

Thanks for the reminder!

I was afraid to look online for answers and getting spoiled.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

Theres a forge just outside the wall of lookouts landing.

• Thanks 1

…its the little things

for the hyrule hoodie..

Spoiler

I was wondering if you could lower the hoodie like on the cover.. you can, now I can walk through certain neighborhoods in hyrule without getting shot.. though buying 2 hoodies is recommended so you dont have to go get the top put up and down all the time

Been making my way to the second main quest area but there is so much to do on the way it’s taking me a while to reach it. I’ve completed lots of side quests, caves, and shrines. There is so much to do. It’s the exact opposite of BotW. 

• Halal 1

Gene Park landed a really great interview with Aonuma:

N4KPVLSVFFSNAAGN2RAFHKUZIE_size-normaliz
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Eiji Aonuma designed marionettes before overseeing Zelda, the wildly popular video game series. Its latest title, “Tears of the Kingdom,” has sold 10 million copies.

Eiji Aonuma said when he announced in March 2022 a delay for Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, the game was pretty much complete. 

The last year was spent on polish, making sure the wild physics of the game just work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Eiji Aonuma designed marionettes before overseeing Zelda, the wildly popular video game series. Its latest title, “Tears of the Kingdom,” has sold 10 million copies.

A year spent on polish; something you just won't see for Western AAA games. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

A year spent on polish; something you just won't see for Western AAA games. 

Or most Japanese games. Not everyone plays by Nintendo philosophy! And even they only do it for a tiny handful of their games!

• True 2

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Or most Japanese games. Not everyone plays by Nintendo philosophy! And even they only do it for a tiny handful of their games!

Well while a year on polish is certainly not something they'd do on every game they still take the time to make sure each game is polished before release. When was the last time/how many of their games can you really say were an absolutely bug ridden mess that shouldn't have been released in the state it was like Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield 2042, Redfall, Jedi Survivor, etc.? 

7 minutes ago, Brick said:

Well while a year on polish is certainly not something they'd do on every game they still take the time to make sure each game is polished before release. When was the last time/how many of their games can you really say were an absolutely bug ridden mess that shouldn't have been released in the state it was like Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield 2042, Redfall, Jedi Survivor, etc.? 

I mean, severe levels of bugginess that bad for massive flagship titles are rare in all of the industry, that's why they're so notable. Nintendo games definitely have less upfront bugs than most AAA releases, but generally I don't think of many games at all as buggy unless they're made by Bethesda or, lately, EA. Hell, Arkane is usually really good about things as well, but then Redfall hit.

And then we have Koei Tecmo/Omegaforce who, months later, are still trying to get their shitty ass Monster Hunter clone to be almost playable, so I think the "Western" label is doing a lot of unwarranted lifting here! Sega's been a duke of the bug kingdom for decades!

10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Park is now working full time with Past Stand Media on their new Nintendo Podcast, which is excellent. Best podcasts in gaming. He’s definitely my favourite journalist in gaming, and one of the few that can actually be called that without fingers crossed behind your back.

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah. Apparently SE took a full year to polish FF16, so it damn well better run smoothly. It would be great to see more companies do this.

So far my first complaint is companions. I've only done the Wind Temple and I want the buff they bring while gliding but I don't want them to follow me and and fight for me. 

To keep dismissing/calling them is annoying

12 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

So far my first complaint is companions. I've only done the Wind Temple and I want the buff they bring while gliding but I don't want them to follow me and and fight for me. 

To keep dismissing/calling them is annoying

I just dismiss them all except Riju until I need them.

• Like 1