The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I've been thinking about this a lot, really wrestling with it... there's something about this game that hasn't felt right since I left the tutorial area. I figured it out. The game is utter trash: you can't pet the dogs. -10000/10. Basically Superman64 2.0 at this point.

Hide contents

:troll:

Clearly you didn't watch 4:32 on my second video above!

I finished the:

Spoiler

Wind Temple

...and one of the solutions to get a chest blew my mind.  There was a small square in the middle of the gate, but you can't jump high enough to climb through.  I eventually:

Spoiler

Shot down two icicles and joined them together.  Then I rotated it at a 45 degree angle to act as a ramp, but it kept sliding off the gate.  So I held it there for a moment with Ultrahand, and then used Recall, which rewound it and kept it in the right place so that I could walk up and through the gap.

I'm pretty sure that solution isn't the most obvious, and I maybe missed a button somewhere, but it was so satisfying to come up with an idea that worked like that.  I'm finding this to be the case with almost any obstacle.  The game is constantly encouraging lateral thinking in a way that almost nothing has from my experience.  It's remarkable how these systems work together. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

Yeah, that was an early “oh shit” moment for me (the wind temple was one of the first major things I did) 

Spoiler

I made a long pole with icicles, and attached the treasure chest to the end of it, and pulled the whole thing out. Didn’t realize until that point that chests are (usually?) an object you can interact with like that. 

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, that was an early “oh shit” moment for me (the wind temple was one of the first major things I did) 

Hide contents

I made a long pole with icicles, and attached the treasure chest to the end of it, and pulled the whole thing out. Didn’t realize until that point that chests are (usually?) an object you can interact with like that. 

This is what I did to solve that. I never even thought maybe I could go in there, myself.

22 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Reveal hidden contents

13 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is what I did to solve that. I never even thought maybe I could go in there, myself.

Haha, well that makes way more sense!  I never thought to do that.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Feels soooo good when you perfect side step dodge/parry and you unleash the fury rush attack on their ass. 

:feelsgood:

What kind of weapon do usually rock? I have had a stick with a rock fused to it forever. It never breaks. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

What kind of weapon do usually rock? I have had a stick with a rock fused to it forever. It never breaks. 

I take every weapon and fuse the highest material to it whatever that is in my list of items. I make sure everything is fused and ready to go. I don’t have one particular weapon I use because they all are kinda good and get the job done. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I take every weapon and fuse the highest material to it whatever that is in my list of items. I make sure everything is fused and ready to go. I don’t have one particular weapon I use because they all are kinda good and get the job done. 

What I do as well. No use saving anything for any specific occasion. I will usually make sure I have at least one stone-breaking weapon, but otherwise I just equip and break the best stuff I can.

• Halal 1

I think the best thing you can say about this game is the stuff that you try almost always works or at the very least it CAN work. Ran into one of the Koroks putting up a smoke signal and saw his buddy down below and out of curiosity I stuck a big piece of meat onto an arrow and shot it at the stranded Korok. Jumped down, stuck the Korok to the meat, used recall, did the thing in like 5 seconds.

So good.

• Shocked 2
  • Halal 1

This might be the best game ever. I've played in the neighborhood of like 50 hours and I still haven't even done ANYTHING with the story quests, like literally I got off the tutorial island and did the story related stuff at Zoras domain. 

My main complaint is the UI is trash, I really thought they'd overhaul it from BotW considering how much you need to use it in this game.  Scrolling through 900 items to find the one you're looking for really breaks the flow of combat. They also REALLY needed to add loadout swaps and I'm dumbfounded as to how that wasn't included. 

• True 1

43 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

This might be the best game ever. I've played in the neighborhood of like 50 hours and I still haven't even done ANYTHING with the story quests, like literally I got off the tutorial island and did the story related stuff at Zoras domain. 

My main complaint is the UI is trash, I really thought they'd overhaul it from BotW considering how much you need to use it in this game.  Scrolling through 900 items to find the one you're looking for really breaks the flow of combat. They also REALLY needed to add loadout swaps and I'm dumbfounded as to how that wasn't included. 

Yeah this is the game's only real issue. Allowing you to select whole recipes to cook in one shot does help, but they added so many more materials that the UI could really use a couple more categories or to be able to tag favorites or something.

Just now, MarSolo said:

You can sort your arrow items to “most used”. Just press Y.

Does it annoy anyone else they added “Map” to the ability wheel? I already tap “-“ for the map, why would I need to tap L too?

That helps, but it's still a drag to find new stuff, or stuff I haven't used in a while. It's not a huge problem or anything but I have to imagine there's a way to sort things better. I'm maybe 10 - 12 hours into the game, have for sure not gotten all the enemy, crafting, and Zontai drops, and there's already a ton of shit to scroll through. Lemme precook some number of arrows or something? I dunno.

I think the map ability is on the wheel since - brings you to whatever part of that menu you were on last, which might not be the map. But I agree it is a bit redundant, especially if you could get into a submenu of a couple different outfits to swap to, or favorite elixirs, or something.

….so thus far the only “major” regret was my approach to the game.. I locked in on the chart the map and glyphs so much early on that I generated enough warp point to rush through and about the map…really missed the on the ground discovery bit… that being said I still have 2 of the “phenomenons” to check so I have amended my ways but still, you only first time once..

I would also wish misery on whomever approved those caves of a billion boulders.. my paranoia and OCD demands I break all rocks.. just when I decide it may in fact be a waste I happen to find a doorway and a major price this resetting the whole obsession

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Started this afternoon with the attention to play an hour or so because I want to start up a new game in GOW Ragnarok. Well, I'm already 3 hours in and can't stop. Yea, this is a special game. 

It might be my all time favorite when things are said and done. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Started this afternoon with the attention to play an hour or so because I want to start up a new game in GOW Ragnarok. Well, I'm already 3 hours in and can't stop. Yea, this is a special game. 

you will find yourself losing track or time and getting side tracked again and again and again

• True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I took a break for dinner but Jesus I want to go back and play more.  😩 

Obviously without spoilers, but is the story in this a bit more in depth than BOTW? I want to get the story rolling now. Should I beat a dungeon?

There's more story than BotW for sure. Either of the main quest lines will lead you to story bits, either through memories or dungeons.

• Thanks 1