The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

Should have been done like BotW. I've seen screens and vids of all 4 on the screen at once and it looks like a complete mess in my opinion.

Just give us the buff. Game doesn't seem so hard you need 4 extra fighters come on

8 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

Just give us the buff. Game doesn't seem so hard you need 4 extra fighters come on

Sometimes they draw aggro when you're facing multiple enemies or something big like a gleeock. I'm not complaining. They don't really ever get in my way. I think the worst I've done is accidently fired Yunobo at a tree and set some gras on fire.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Hand76 said:

So far my first complaint is companions. I've only done the Wind Temple and I want the buff they bring while gliding but I don't want them to follow me and and fight for me. 

To keep dismissing/calling them is annoying

When you need one it takes like 1 second to call them. You get annoyed easily huh. 

23 hours ago, Brick said:

A year spent on polish; something you just won't see for Western AAA games. 

I suspect there’s more to this than polish. I would guess this was targeting the Switch Pro, and when Nintendo scrapped that for the OLED, they moved release dates around to better extend the life of Switch. That original trailer looks noticeably better than the final product, which basically just looks like BotW graphically. 

• Halal 1

I do have a couple minor gripes about companions:

1. They walk/run when you do so if you have multiple out, trying to get to the right one can be annoying if they keep moving, especially in combat.

2. Motherfucking bird boy keeps blowing items away when I spam A to pick them all up. It's funny every time but also annoys me.

3. Riju's AOE is ugly as fuck when you hit it by accident, makes the entire game look like shit. Should be a much more subtle effect (that remains obvious on enemies)

Other than that I leave all of them out at once, they're excellent when fighting difficult enemies and I need space.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well then you'll be happy to know that...

Hide contents

...if you collect all the Korok seeds, you can summon Hetsu to dance for you.

Spoiler

You can even get a close-up of him making a korok seed!

Check it out:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

29 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

If you miss not having Revali's Gale and rocket jumping isn't your cup of tea...

You could save a lot of zonaite by just using a steering stick and sticking one fan on the front and one fan on the back of it, both facing straight down!

31 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Wind and Fire Temples both completed. Starting to make some progress on the Main Quest line but I’ll be damn there is so much to do and get side tracked with. I love this game. 

I unlocked wind, fire, and water temples but havent started any of them yet, will probably wait until I have a nice big chunk of free time. I'm going to spend some time in the depths I only have 2 batteries and I want to start making some of the cool shit everyone else us making.

42 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I unlocked wind, fire, and water temples but havent started any of them yet, will probably wait until I have a nice big chunk of free time. I'm going to spend some time in the depths I only have 2 batteries and I want to start making some of the cool shit everyone else us making.

Batteries make so much difference. I have 10 now. 

The temples are all actually really short, its my one major complaint. You can finish them in 45 minutes max. I really want some deeper, classic dungeons, to the point I actually fired up Twilight Princess today for a bit, and may play that next. Normally I wouldn’t play two games on a series in succession, but these are so vastly different, and I’ve only beaten TP once. Skyward Sword as well, but I don’t see me replaying that anytime soon. I don’t think its new control scream can fix it’s awful combat design.

my Link’s main armor is fully upgraded, the master sword is singing, and my next story stop is the Castle.

I have 23 hearts I think. I’ve dome 100 shrines, and I have 5-6 I’ve opened but haven’t done. Just got to warp to them and complete them. 

Purah still rebuffs my obvious advances. I often worry the

Spoiler

Light Dragon

might smite her. 

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

42 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The temples are all actually really short, its my one major complaint.

I actually don't mind the shorter dungeons since the journey to the dungeons are a lot more memorable. Like if I think back to previous Zeldas, the journeys that I found most memorable are like the trip through the desert in OoT's Sprit Temple. There are more like it, but I found the bouncing through the sky to reach the Wind Temple or the journey up and then down and then through the underworld to find Fire Temple to be just as good and sometimes better than they've ever been. The temples are short, but the experience leading up to them is so good.

okay so just called it a night..and gaming hours finally list. I've logged 85 hours on this sucker already...and yet have only done 2 temples, 89 shrines, 90-91 seeds and 4 or 5 of the glyph memories, which are damn cool I must say. last thing I did before shutting it down tonight was to unlocked Medina's mask.

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A year spent on polish yet somehow duplication glitch 🤔

Multiple!

Here's the easiest one so far (seriously not recommended unless you're nearing endgame or don't care, duping can ruin a lot of fun!):

Spoiler

Seriously! Not a good idea, best!

Spoiler

Jump. Deploy the glider. Pause. Go to the item you want to dupe. Hold as many as you can in your hands. Press Y and B at the same time, in other words, you're exiting the menu and sorting at the same time. The items will be put on the ground but are still in your inventory. Since they don't leave your inventory, you can immediately pause and do it again up until about 20 items or so are on the ground, which is roughly the limit for inventory items in the world.

And credits roll! Absolutely fantastic game, great final boss fight and a much more satisfying ending than BotW!

Every single shrine complete, all lightroots, I think most armor sets and weapons, definitely not all Koroks, but I think I did almost everything I want to do. I'll probably still play to finish up a bunch of side quests and build wacky shit, but I'm satisfied for now and it's time for some FFXIV 6.4! Final playtime is now "300 hours or more," so I think I need to like... go stare at the sky for several hours and breathe outside air before moving back over to FFXIV.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

I saw someone on twitter say it better, but I assume that the takeaway from this for some devs is going to be, "people like zany crafting," when one of the more important lessons is that if you let work on a franchise for like... 25 years, they get to really refine and iterate on what they're doing.

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

And credits roll! Absolutely fantastic game, great final boss fight and a much more satisfying ending than BotW!

Every single shrine complete, all lightroots, I think most armor sets and weapons, definitely not all Koroks, but I think I did almost everything I want to do. I'll probably still play to finish up a bunch of side quests and build wacky shit, but I'm satisfied for now and it's time for some FFXIV 6.4! Final playtime is now "300 hours or more," so I think I need to like... go stare at the sky for several hours and breathe outside air before moving back over to FFXIV.

:bow:

23 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I saw someone on twitter say it better, but I assume that the takeaway from this for some devs is going to be, "people like zany crafting," when one of the more important lessons is that if you let work on a franchise for like... 25 years, they get to really refine and iterate on what they're doing.

"Da fuq :| " - Rare devs who worked on Nuts & Bolts, probably

• True 1

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

That's simply not a thing that's possible at any other dev. I mentioned this in the Elemental thread on the entertainment board, but Nintendo has, by far, the craziest retention rates of any developer out there. In an industry where the average employment length is some 3-4 years, Nintendo is keeping employees for 14-15. That just doesn't happen anywhere else. Squenix averages 3 years per employee. Forget working on Zelda for like 25 years. Most of the Zelda team would have turned over twice during the development of TotK, alone.

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:
1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

Wake up, Link - For many of us, it's fair to say that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has taken over our every w...

@best3444 your play time should start showing up on your Switch profile 

I'm estimating 30 hours or so. 

The lead up and traversal etc to the Wind Shrine was incredible. Nintendo is in a league of their own with how well they make you feel accomplished but not making things too frustrating at the same time. Yeah, nitpicks about UI and so on but wow... I was blown away (literally once or twice) by getting there and finishing that shrine. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, eventide11 said:

The lead up and traversal etc to the Wind Shrine was incredible. Nintendo is in a league of their own with how well they make you feel accomplished but not making things too frustrating at the same time. Yeah, nitpicks about UI and so on but wow... I was blown away by getting there and finishing that shrine. 

All criticisms they get are deserved but they still are my favorite gaming company. Sorry not sorry. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

All criticisms they get are deserved but they still are my favorite gaming company. Sorry not sorry. 

As much as I bash Nintendo sometimes you absolutely cannot beat the magic they bring to their exclusives. I have a smile on my face while playing this game. 

• Like 2

The only part that makes me sad is wondering how much better certain moments or areas could've been on a more powerful system. And not just that, but how much further they could've pushed the physics. They did an amazing job of distracting you from the limitations but there was definitely an undercurrent in my head of "man, this could've been even more amazing if they could've pushed the boundaries with what they're doing here" especially as I got further and further.

Again, they did an incredible job with what they had, and one-upped many far more technically advanced games on superior hardware... but that only gets me real curious about what more they could've done.

• True 1

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A year spent on polish yet somehow duplication glitch 🤔

Not sure what that is, but I'd say it's less a game breaking bug than an exploit that developers never can anticipate players figuring out. When you put any game in the hands of millions of players, they will find something that was overlooked that will break the game lol. 

8 minutes ago, Brick said:

Not sure what that is, but I'd say it's less a game breaking bug than an exploit that developers never can anticipate players figuring out. When you put any game in the hands of millions of players, they will find something that was overlooked that will break the game lol. 

Yeah I think he was just joking, I imagine most of that year went purely into making sure the physics worked. Because they work better than like any other open world game, and better than many games centered entirely around building things in a physics sandbox. 300 damn hours and I can't think of a single instance of the physics freaking out.

17 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah I think he was just joking, I imagine most of that year went purely into making sure the physics worked. Because they work better than like any other open world game, and better than many games centered entirely around building things in a physics sandbox. 300 damn hours and I can't think of a single instance of the physics freaking out.

Of course he was, it's Keyser :p

• True 1
  • Sicko 1