2022 Midterm Thread

It's an exit poll, so grain of salt, but for the dum-dum who keeps railing about coastal elites:

exit-polls-midterms-social-f09527.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Live election exit polls by state during the 2022 midterm election between Democrats and Republicans, including race and other voter demographics.

"Surprise! Democrats won the majority of voters earning under $30k and $50k. Republicans won the majority of voters earning over $200k. When can we retire that ‘GOP is now the party of the working class’ BS?"

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is all he does. Repeat right wing talking points but doesn’t elaborate or offer to explain any of it. I don’t really think he even knows how. This is we’re gonna get from him. He has no interest in actual discourse. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

Texas turnout  didn’t seem motivated by abortion. Seems like Abbott successfully made Beto a radical and the border was a huge issue. Texas has a red wall and it’s West Texas rural counties. 

Time to break it like it's 2016, then. I'm going in. :angry: :angry-fap:

The amount of governorship wins/flips, secretary of state wins/flips (at the state level), and state House and/or state Senate wins/flips looked huge for Dems compared to previous years. These wins go under the radar compared to federal House and Senate wins/flips (for either Dems or Repubs), but at those levels, these wins this year will help maintain election integrity significantly in 2024. WI, MI, and PA are safe. NV and AZ may be as well. Ohio and Florida are lost causes but I always thought they were.  Texas is . . . well, I dunno, guess we're still waiting. Given the current state of things, as a self-labeled radical progressive, taking into context what things looked like beforehand - this is about as much as any user here could have hoped for I think out of these midterms.

• True 1
  • Halal 4

It will be really interesting to see how things play out if the rightwing media continues to attempt to cut Trump loose.

As bad as these midterms have been for the GOP what typically would have happened during the Trump years is that a scandal rocks Trump and the worse it was the longer it would take the media and party to coalesce around talking points that swept it under the rug. But usually no more than a week before Lindsey was making excuses and McCarthy was taking a flight to Florida to kiss Trump's ring.

It won't be for a week or two before we really know how serious they are about dumping Trump. And then it will be interesting to see what effect that has on Trump's ability to bounce back without the echo chamber on his side.

Right now things looks bad for Trump, but keep in mind that he can absolutely burn the party to the ground on the way out if he really wants to. Not only electorally, though that would be bad enough. He probably knows shit that could get Reps and Senators jail time if he goes full "If I'm going down I am taking you with me" mode.

• True 1

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I live pretty close to the border. There aren't any issues and Hispanic people are very friendly. I'd gladly bring in some more of then and throw Best over the fence.

I too live close to the border and dare I say it is one of my favorite things about living in San Diego. I think it makes the city a much better place to live. It's also great to be able to drive into Mexico for their amazing food and culture pretty much whenever I want. 

• Hugs 1