Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Taking violent action on this is just as shitty as the right taking violent action when they don't like something - IE January 6th. 

Massive "We want to give you healthcare, education, generally improve your lot in life, etc" vs "Ya i want minorities in camps so we can make an ethno state" with a centerist or liberal saying "I can't decide or compromise" response energy.

• True 2

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Taking violent action on this is just as shitty as the right taking violent action when they don't like something - IE January 6th. 

Yeah no, I'm gonna disagree with you there, dog. Violence is a 100% valid solution in some cases, but not in others, and no two situations of violence can be compared. Maybe violence isn't the solution in this case, but comparing this to Jan 6 is not the way to go about arguing that. 

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Until Florida and others outlaw people leaving the state for abortions. "Oh, but that isn't legal!" you might say. Until Florida escalates it to SCOTUS and they say "yeah sure, why not?" At this point it should be clear that SCOTUS will rubber-stamp anything the right-wing wants.

Get the fuck out of red states then

• True 1
  • Halal 2

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I disagree January 6th was a bunch of racist conspiracy theorist nut jobs believing something that wasn't real THIS IS REAL. Either everyone lies down and says this isn't their fight and then eventually lose their rights when it is their fight or people can take (non-lethal) action.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

First sighting I've seen online of someone suggesting actual action:

evI7tRR.png

If you're talking resetera, I had a guy who couldn't even @ me say something like this.

I'm of the belief that much of Era spends their activism on Era.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

It's very difficult to say or type what I really feel should happen. Putting that on the internet forever is a scary proposition. 

But hoo boy, do I feel a certain way about what the next steps should be for the citizens of this country.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Biden isn't Trump. He's not going to encourage violence.

We're in the middle of Jan 6th hearings and we're wondering why Biden isn't encouraging people to literally get violent.

I must have missed when lbj said "kill your goldwater-voting neighbor" to get voting rights passed.

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I'm not sure what you want Biden to do? I know we are all frustrated but literally the only way to fight this is to expand the court and with Manchin and Simena standing in the way of that. There is nothing he can do. 

Abortion clinics on military bases

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

We're in the middle of Jan 6th hearings and we're wondering why Biden isn't encouraging people to literally get violent.

I must have missed when lbj said "kill your goldwater-voting neighbor" to get voting rights passed.

I wasn't saying Biden should tell people to get violent. I was saying that "don't get violent but it's up to you guys to vote to fix this!" is a fucking weak as shit message. Nowhere in there is he actually saying he's doing anything, he just wants people to stay calm while he does nothing. 

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Hyde Amendment would like to have word about that.

The Hyde Amendment still allows it in cases of incest and rape, which is more permissive than some states are about to be. 

It is a peculiar thing to see people who are very interested in politics pretty fundamentally misunderstand the powers of the president.

The solution if you want the roe/casey rights restored is in ditching the filibuster in the senate, plain and simple.

If your ire is toward Biden, even a little bit, you've lost your damned mind. I'm more upset with Republicans and 2016 protest voters.

Hey jason, how many times did you attack Clinton in 2016 and help instill doubts about her even though SCOTUS was on the line whereas now you have all the answers? THAT was weaksauce. Biden didn't vote for Clarence or Alito. He helped stop Bork's confirmation. And he surely tried to stop Trump who gave us the others. 

It IS up to voters. We had all the necessary info in 2016. Anyone who wasted their time about emails screwed up.

• True 5