Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

28 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Wow Nancy, you just figured this out now?

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah no fucking shit

Not picking on you guys, but a lot of people don’t know this. Many Americans didn’t think Roe v Wade was threatened. Many thought it was just something that was always going to be there.

The majority of people have no idea of the multidecadal push for a super conservative Supreme Court. Her statement isn’t meant to be a revelation for political nerds like us.

To not feel so very powerless, at least consider donating to one of the organizations mentioned in this article:

220505-atlanta-abortion-protest-se-624p-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Black organizers in the South are already working to make sure Black people’s needs are not ignored as the Supreme Court appears set to strike down Roe v. Wade.

I'm not gonna lie, and I've said it here before, but I don't typically follow politics or the news all too much anymore exactly because I used to and it put me in a constant state of alarm and anxiety. So yeah, this is actually pretty fucking shocking to me on first read. I know it shouldn't be at all, I know the score with these people but still. It is baffling and surreal to see this kind of slide backwards actually happen whenever it does. 

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Until Florida and others outlaw people leaving the state for abortions. "Oh, but that isn't legal!" you might say. Until Florida escalates it to SCOTUS and they say "yeah sure, why not?" At this point it should be clear that SCOTUS will rubber-stamp anything the right-wing wants.

Based on kavs concurrence I don’t see that holding up tbh

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Until Florida and others outlaw people leaving the state for abortions. "Oh, but that isn't legal!" you might say. Until Florida escalates it to SCOTUS and they say "yeah sure, why not?" At this point it should be clear that SCOTUS will rubber-stamp anything the right-wing wants.

Probably a lot cheaper to help your female employees get abortions then it is for them to have a kid, miss time from work, have to figure out how to cover their shifts while their out, and pay any maternity leave if they offer it or have to. I doubt it’s because they actually give a shit.

Shithole country. SC is going to gut everything, since the courts are now partisan fodder the dems need to wake the ***k up and start packing the courts.

58 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wow, now if only she had power to do something about it.... oh wait.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'd go a step further. Dems in states where abortion is legal should make it illegal for anybody out of state that makes over $150,000 a year, and free for those who make less. Essentially fuck over those with money in red states.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

That's inline with much of Europe.  

It should be 23 weeks. 20 weeks is too short, it puts a gun to people's heads who only find out at 18 weeks that their baby might not be viable and want to take the time to see more doctors for second opinions.