And you wonder why america has a culture problem.

I love the Special K flakes, but they have yet to put out a flavor I like, but then I saw this 

256334fad9bbe44bd5e81e910ba76a61.png

So I got it. And maaaaan, it  is so plain. The flakes are still great, but the flavor is so muted. Like watered down Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Like, I don't get cereal to be healthy so I wish these fuckers would just put out a frosted version. Or better yet, a frosted version of the image above. What I like about the Special K flakes are how light they are and the airy crunch. There isn't another cereal out there like it. 

You know what's funny? My first reaction was "yeah, of course you poor the cereal in first...."

Then I realized in actual practice I am that which I hate....I am the monster that pours milk first. But I think I have a decent reason for why. 

I don't eat cereal for breakfast, in fact I rarely eat anything for breakfast. When I do occasionally eat cereal I eat it as a late afternoon snack.

And so I am not sitting around a nicely setup table or anything where I pour the cereal and then grab the milk and put in the perfect amount. I pour in a good amount of milk in the kitchen, put the milk away, and then I take it to my living room to watch TV. Then I pour in some cereal and quickly eat it because I am also pretty picky about my cereal being even remotely soggy. I would rather take the time to pour cereal 3 of 4 times and have it really crunchy than to pour it all at once and have the last bit soggy at the end.

I think I tried to do cereal first at one time, but I found that by the time I got sit down, picked something to watch, and got it loaded up that the cereal was just too soggy for me.

• Sicko 1

Cereal first. This isn't even a question. Otherwise you're just pouring shit on top of a liquid... where it floats. Do you wait for the cereal to absorb enough milk to sink and then pour more? How much milk do you use? It can't be enough! Disgusting.

That said, I am a heathen who has always preferred soggy cereal. I fucking hate crunchy food aside from like potato chips.

Not falling for this meme shit.

But I'm extra weird I guess because the rare times I eat cereal.... I use 2 different cereals everytime. The first quarter of the bowl is always Cheerios (regular or honey nut). The next half of the bowl is the good cereal like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Then the last quarter of the bowl is the milk. The cheerios prop up the CT Crunch away from the milk, while the cheerios don't get soggy as quickly because they are so dense. 

Before I went low carb/high fat ~8 years ago, I would eat my cereal not with milk, but with apple juice.  Not all cereals though.  It would usually be with a fruity tasting cereal like Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops.  This wasn't a good combo with a chocolate tasting cereal, for instance.

• Guillotine 2

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Before I went low carb/high fat ~8 years ago, I would eat my cereal not with milk, but with apple juice.  Not all cereals though.  It would usually be with a fruity tasting cereal like Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops.  This wasn't a good combo with a chocolate tasting cereal, for instance.

@Commissar SFLUFAN ban plz god

• Haha 3
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

I have been doing the opposite, lately—mixing cereal with 9%MF greek yogurt. So creamy.

Every day we stray further and further from God’s light

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

You didn't realize it at the time but it wasn't a good combo with the fruity cereals either.

• Haha 1

My dad did this only if he ran out of milk but I don't think his sense of taste lessened over the years.

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Thank you for raping my brain 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I do my best never to judge someone else's food choice but you sir are a fucking abomination to man kind.

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I don’t eat cereal and haven’t for years. My go to was Mr T cereal or Captain Crunch (same shit) Anyways cereal first and then add milk slowly, or buy this shit

spacer.png

What the fuck is that. How do you manage to make a bowl pretentious?