What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

14 hours ago, HardAct said:

Having my Ps5 now just about 2 weeks I bought a good bunch to get started along with & a Samsung 980 pro 2Tb w/heatsink 2nd Hard drive upgrade.

Switch:

1. Pre-ordered Xenoblade chronicles 3

Xbox Series X

1.Elden Ring

Ps5

1. Returnal

2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift apart

3.Demon Souls

4.Spiderman: MM

5. Dying Light 2

6.Deathloop

7.Gran Turismo 7

The PS5 games were all bought from eBay all new but saved a lot. The most expensive was GT7 at 45 bucks, the rest were cheaper but not by much averaging 40-44 all were brand new sealed copies though This should get me started. Still haven't paid full price for a PS5 game and I won't this year. At least that is what II told myself when I finally tracked one down!

Amazing collection of games. Enjoy!

• Halal 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:23 AM, crispy4000 said:

Random spattering of PC freebies, Humble/Amazon stuff I imported to Launchbox in the past month.

SFMg8Q6.jpg

No rhyme or reason to this stuff at all.  But I'm sure there's some hidden gems here.

Hey, speaking of 3D platformer indies, mail mole is one I really enjoyed!

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago but MGS Portable Ops +. It was $18 (CDN) on amazon and I was playing MGS PO on my PSP recently. Also Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania on switch, I feel somewhat underwhelmed even as a fan of the original SMB 1 & 2.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

SpongeBob (Switch) - as @stepee said it’s a really fun license game 

Deck Games:
Grim Dawn and DLC

Dying Light The Following

Wildermyth

Kingdome Come Deliverance

Civ VI and DLC

My lord I loved Grim Dawn & DLC. It's the only game that I have played in a few years that I just couldn't get enough of. I beat it in 3 difficulty settings and theres 2 more. I did since move on but loved it as a whole! The dlc is awesome too and these games just click with me. Notable mentions: Torchlight 2 & Diablo 3: Reaper of souls 

Very much anticipating Diablo IV

1 minute ago, Phaseknox said:

Bloodshore

Bloody Zombies

Blue Fire

The Complex

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

Rise of the Third Power

Have you played Blue Fire yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Good game.  Tad repetitive, but it's very enjoyable.  Just don't worry about 100%'ing it, the payoff isn't worth it.

I’ve heard good things about it, and it’s currently on sale so I bought it. I usually don’t 100% games, I mainly stick to the main content and any side content that interests me.

6 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I’ve heard good things about it, and it’s currently on sale so I bought it. I usually don’t 100% games, I mainly stick to the main content and any side content that interests me.

Freeing myself from trying to “do as much as possible” which still wasn’t 100%, and instead just playing main quests and wandering into whatever strikes my fancy, has since improved my enjoyment of gaming and led to me actually beating more games recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Freeing myself from trying to “do as much as possible” which still wasn’t 100%, and instead just playing main quests and wandering into whatever strikes my fancy, has since improved my enjoyment of gaming and led to me actually beating more games recently.

Yeah, I don’t really get the appeal of doing optional content or things in games strictly for achievements, trophies, and/or to 100% them. I’m only interested in optional content that I consider fun, and/or rewarding in meaningful ways such as offering additional story moments or providing me with better armor, gear, upgrades, weapons, etc. Anything other than that usually feels like filler to me, and I have way too many games to play to waste my time with filler content that doesn’t add anything significant to the core experience. But that’s just me, and I know that everyone is different.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, I don’t really get the appeal of doing optional content or things in games strictly for achievements, trophies, and/or to 100% them. I’m only interested in optional content that I consider fun, and/or rewarding in meaningful ways such as offering additional story moments or providing me with better armor, gear, upgrades, weapons, etc. Anything other than that usually feels like filler to me, and I have way too many games to play to waste my time will filler content that doesn’t add anything significant to the experience. But that’s just me, and I know that everyone is different.

I never went for full 100% but yeah I definitely had kind of an ocd thing where especially if it was a game I was into, I felt like I HAD to do all the side quests and stuff. I finally kicked that and it’s been much nicer. I don’t think I’m even playing less of individual games for the most part, because now I’m actually playing them further and not dropping.

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I never went for full 100% but yeah I definitely had kind of an ocd thing where especially if it was a game I was into, I felt like I HAD to do all the side quests and stuff. I finally kicked that and it’s been much nicer. I don’t think I’m even playing less of individual games for the most part, because now I’m actually playing them further and not dropping.

I usually do most/all optional side quests/missions in games since they sometimes add to the main story, have their own mini-stories, or offer helpful/nice in-game rewards for doing them. But I usually avoid doing optional repeated side activities, collectibles and things of that nature that just feel like busywork to 100% a game. And I almost never go out of my way to do the things that are required to receive achievements, trophies, etc. All of the achievements/trophies that I receive in games are either from completing main story stuff, or purely by accident. :p

5 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I usually do most/all optional side quests/missions in games since they sometimes add to the main story, have their own mini-stories, or offer helpful/nice in-game rewards for doing them. But I usually avoid doing optional repeated side activities, collectibles and things of that nature that just feel like busywork to 100% a game. And I almost never go out of my way to do the things that are required to receive achievements, trophies, etc. All of the achievements/trophies that I receive in games are either from completing main story stuff, or purely by accident. :p

I think my only 100% achievement is on Super Luckys Tale on Xbox because it just happened! I think I have one platinum on playstation for some smaller game I forget what now. I did almost get a platinum for GOW, my favorite game of last generation, because that one I did not want to end, but there was some finding hidden birds or whatever that I just couldn’t.