RIP in Peace, Amazon Prime 20% Pre-Order Discount

Commissar SFLUFAN

That's a shame. I've used Amazon for the pre-order discount for almost every game since they started doing it. I'll get my order in for some of the big games I know I want ASAP.

It's annoying that they don't even list Spider-Man for the PS4 or RDR2 in a physical copy so you can't get the discount.

I like getting Amazon credit so this is good news for me. On the other hand I never preorder so I don't really care.

Just watch out on Fanatical they regularly have 20% - 25% off on new release pre-orders.

I've already taken advantage of it on Shenmue I&II, Monster Hunter and considering it for Two Point Hospital.

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

For a $60 title, it's 20% worse ($12 vs $10) and it will be available only on selected titles.  

Oh, and the $10 credit expires within 60 days.

Ah, I didn't realize the old 20% was on more preorders. I guess that shows how often I'm preordering stuff these days. 

As for the expiration date, do people really go 60 days without buying something from Amazon? :p

Well, that's garbage. Guess I'll be buying more digitally now.

Also, what's up with Spiderman? I preordered it when it first became available early last year, which was also before they started collecting tax in my state. I still don't have a delivery date showing for it and the game hasn't been available to preorder on Amazon for a long time. Am I not going to be getting the game? Really sucks, because I was saving quite a bit with the 20% off and no tax. 

RIP my prime account. First they dropped the credit card in Canada, then games dropped to 10% discount and now just ending. I don’t buy enough anymore to justify paying for prime every year (any large items I buy already would have gotten free shipping without prime).

Props to Walmart canada for the $30 off e3 pre-orders, they’re now my go to for pre-order deals.

7 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Why are people still buying games on day one anyway? They're just going to get discounted in a few months anyway, sometimes by 50%.

The only games I pre-order are Nintendo games that I need to play on day one. Because I know they're not going on sale for a long time.

Because they want to play sooner, and are willing to spend the money to do so? :p

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Why are people still buying games on day one anyway? They're just going to get discounted in a few months anyway, sometimes by 50%.

The only games I pre-order are Nintendo games that I need to play on day one. Because I know they're not going on sale for a long time.

For me it’s mostly Nintendo games that won’t be on sale or it’s games with low production runs at the end of a systems life.

I’ve got smash, Metroid, and Pokémon all on preorder for $50 cad (~$38 usd) each. I could have also gotten some big name Sony/MS games on pre-order for the same cost.