Update: Most Boring Possible Option is no longer the executive producer of Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

And Trebek already named someone he'd want to replace him, but Mike here never even gave her a guest host spot.

cd744ce8c619c215dd62d915f23b86e1
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

After weeks of searching for a new host of Jeopardy — an effort that included a popular petition requesting LeVar […] The post Video resurfaces of Trebek saying he wanted Laura Coates to replace him as...

Surprise, surprise. 

7 minutes ago, number305 said:

I enjoy having Jeopardy playing in the background when I am home on a sick day as much as the next guy... but I find it weird that people care this much about who the host is.

I don't watch it and don't care, but I go jogging around Sony Studios every morning and there's a guy out there petitioning to be the next Jeopardy host :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

And Trebek already named someone he'd want to replace him, but Mike here never even gave her a guest host spot.

cd744ce8c619c215dd62d915f23b86e1
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

After weeks of searching for a new host of Jeopardy — an effort that included a popular petition requesting LeVar […] The post Video resurfaces of Trebek saying he wanted Laura Coates to replace him as...

Oh great let's not even honor the man's wishes. I don't understand what they are doing over there.

3 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I think they should go with Ken Jennings, personally.

He'd be a good option. Really, there are quite a few good options depending on which way they want to take it (and I'd understand if they went any of those ways). They could want an expert and known player, a nerdy celebrity, someone more diverse, etc. All good reasons. Just not a producer.

31 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Bialik is no good too, apparently.

Can't have Ken Jennings, he was closely affiliated with Bean Dad. 

Eventually, all humans on the planet will be deemed ineligible, and they'll just wheel out IBM's Watson to do the job. 

Bialik is getting shit for shitting on women assaulted during the peak of the Me Too movement...and being an anti-vaxxer. Didn't she blame women being raped for not being modest enough? A shame shitty people aren't succeeding where not shitty people could be.

Compared to Bialik, Ken Jennings controversy is the dumbest thing ever.

Like, it doesn't take a lot to not be a terrible person.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Bialik is getting shit for shitting on women assaulted during the peak of the Me Too movement...and being an anti-vaxxer. Didn't she blame women being raped for not being modest enough? A shame shitty people aren't succeeding where not shitty people could be.

Compared to Bialik, Ken Jennings controversy is the dumbest thing ever.

Like, it doesn't take a lot to not be a terrible person.

Bialik is a weird case.

She didn’t shit on women who were assaulted that happened to dress provocatively, she just said that she’d never been assaulted and attributed that in part to her dressing modestly.

She isn’t an anti vaxxer per se, she just “did her own research” before getting kids vaccinated and lamented that kids are getting more vaccines now than they used to.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Bialik is a weird case.

She didn’t shit on women who were assaulted that happened to dress provocatively, she just said that she’d never been assaulted and attributed that in part to her dressing modestly.

She isn’t an anti vaxxer per se, she just “did her own research” before getting kids vaccinated and lamented that kids are getting more vaccines now than they used to.

It's been a while since this all was going around, but that first one is splitting hairs. Where is the line between "I've never been raped because I dress modestly" and "She was raped because she dressed too revealingly"? In my eyes, that line doesn't really exist, especially as a response to the whole Me Too movement.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

It's been a while since this all was going around, but that first one is splitting hairs. Where is the line between "I've never been raped because I dress modestly" and "She was raped because she dressed too revealingly"? In my eyes, that line doesn't really exist, especially as a response to the whole Me Too movement.

Oh I agree completely. I’m not defending her stances, I think they’re shitty and that they use “sounding reasonable” as camouflage.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

gone christmas GIF

Mike-Richards.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

Mike Richards is out as executive producer of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. Sony Pictures Television just told staff. See the full note below. It comes after a turbulent few weeks...

I like that he had a role in ruling out Ken Jennings because of past tweets.

0998542411695d1a3f9b02ff22fe7817.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Fans' opinion on Ken Jennings drastically changed after an ableist tweet resurfaced

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Most Boring Possible Option is no longer the executive producer of Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune
6 hours ago, Komusha said:

All this stuff would have continued to fly under the radar if he hadn't hired himself for the position. It sucks that it often takes a bigger spotlight to take some of these guys down.

Sometimes you don't know you have an STD until you start seeing blisters. Mike Richards was just the genital warts of Jeopardy coming to the surface.

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

gone christmas GIF

Mike-Richards.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

Mike Richards is out as executive producer of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. Sony Pictures Television just told staff. See the full note below. It comes after a turbulent few weeks for the long-ru…

Dude thought since he's the EP he could promote himself as host and have it all, but like Icarus flew too close to the sun, and now it all comes crashing down, burning, and he's lost it all. Hahaha! Talk about a fuck up. Had he not been so greedy,  and never made himself host, no one would have looked into him and he'd still have a job. It's all so poetic. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This guy's pre-filmed episodes are on now and I'm watching for the first time, and honestly? He's a pretty good host. Has 'the voice', paces the game out well (Trebek's pronunciation slowed a little too much; definitely want to mind it since you need to give the audience time to read, but toward the end Alex leaned a little too slow), and he's generally fine. Would have been a good host if he hadn't ended up being such a douchebag.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:17 PM, Chris- said:

This guy's pre-filmed episodes are on now and I'm watching for the first time, and honestly? He's a pretty good host. Has 'the voice', paces the game out well (Trebek's pronunciation slowed a little too much; definitely want to mind it since you need to give the audience time to read, but toward the end Alex leaned a little too slow), and he's generally fine. Would have been a good host if he hadn't ended up being such a douchebag.

Never saw him as the host so I don't have a strong opinion on his hosting abilities. But I never really bought the idea that he shouldn't host because he was the executive producer. Because wouldn't him being already heavily involved make him the most qualified? I'm sure he's more intimately aware of just why the show works as well as it doe than probably anyone else. Being a good host is more than just being knowledgable like Ken Jennings, it's about being keenly aware of timing, poise, etc.

Definitely support him getting the boot because of his shitty behavior but it did seem like the knives were out for him before those details even surfaced.

17 hours ago, Komusha said:

Never saw him as the host so I don't have a strong opinion on his hosting abilities. But I never really bought the idea that he shouldn't host because he was the executive producer. Because wouldn't him being already heavily involved make him the most qualified? I'm sure he's more intimately aware of just why the show works as well as it doe than probably anyone else. Being a good host is more than just being knowledgable like Ken Jennings, it's about being keenly aware of timing, poise, etc.

Definitely support him getting the boot because of his shitty behavior but it did seem like the knives were out for him before those details even surfaced.

You’re not wrong, but given how cultural thought has evolved over the past few years, I think it’s understandable that people are skeptical when individuals in positions of power (especially when those individuals are influential white men) come out ahead. The scales have been tipped for so long that even when the end is justified, the means seem suspect.