Ford F-150 Electric Truck Revealed

Now what can it tow and for how long, because I think that 300 mark is without payload attached. I like the look of it and if you know someone who works for Ford. Ask for them to share an X Plan number to get your vehicle at a lower employee price, and I still get this even after my dad passed.

5 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Now what can it tow and for how long, because I think that 300 mark is without payload attached.

It’s in the article 

Pretty cool.  For reference, 2 years ago I bought a 2019 2WD F-150 XL (base model) with the STX trim package and the 5.0 V8.  I paid around ~37k if I remember correctly.  $40k seems pretty reasonable even if it's the electric base model with a smaller battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford has a great fucking scam going on with this car, where if you want to be put on the waiting list to maybe buy the F150, you have to give them $100. It’s refundable, so if you end up not getting one, they give you the $100 back, and if you buy the car, it’s applied to the price. But it’s a great way for Ford to get loans from marks.

Marks like me. :|

• Haha 3

On 5/19/2021 at 11:12 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I search Twitter for the term buzzkill

There's nothing in front area now, it's just frunk. Absolutely no reason other than small penis syndrome to not alter the front to a cab-forward, lower, sloped design.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's nothing in front area now, it's just frunk. Absolutely no reason other than small penis syndrome to not alter the front to a cab-forward, lower, sloped design.

I’d wager it’s to keep the chassis consistent with existing F150s for both functional and aesthetic reasons. Little dick syndrome aside, it makes sense to keep it looking like the most popular vehicle in the country.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ford has a great fucking scam going on with this car, where if you want to be put on the waiting list to maybe buy the F150, you have to give them $100. It’s refundable, so if you end up not getting one, they give you the $100 back, and if you buy the car, it’s applied to the price. But it’s a great way for Ford to get loans from marks.

Marks like me. :|

One might call it a pre-order?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

One of reasons people don't consider electric vehicles is because sometimes look weird.  Drastically changing the shape of the electric f150 would have a negative effect on sales.  It's good, at least for the time being, that they've kept it looking like their standard truck.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, SuperSpreader said:

Does trump even know how to drive?

Biden wasn't even driving the Ford either. You can see a second driver's ed steering wheel in front of the passenger and when Biden turns the steering wheel the front tires do not move. I think there is some secret service rule that presidents can't drive under any circumstances.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Other than the huge investment to get new dies, and re-doing the body shop, etc.

14 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Biden wasn't even driving the Ford either. You can see a second driver's ed steering wheel in front of the passenger and when Biden turns the steering wheel the front tires do not move. I think there is some secret service rule that presidents can't drive under any circumstances.

Bull shit

tom_ruling_pof.png
WWW.POLITIFACT.COM

Facebook posts have some questioning if President Joe Biden was pretending to test drive the electric F-150 Lightning pi/> <meta name=

29 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I don’t know which part of this I find more illogical; that Ford would build a test mule car with a second passenger side steering wheel for no reason at all requiring a ton of needless work and expense, or that they would do all of that extra work and expense just so a president could drive it once for a few minutes.  

While I really want to see electric car makers do interesting things with the design of their vehicles, I think Ford probably did the right thing with the Lightning by keeping it in line with the rest of their trucks. It'll help convince a market segment that is probably rather wary of electrification, or at least prevent them from sticking out. Also, being able to leverage the huge scale of F-150 manufacturing as much as possible to keep the price down likely helps.

Even if I do want to see more innovation in the shape of vehicles, I think Ford did a great job putting the space to work. The frunk, complete with power lift, 110 outlets, and a drain really seems quite useful. I drove a pickup in high school for a while, and having a real locking trunk space would have been great.

With the bevy of outlets, bi-directional charging, and what not, I think Ford did a good job of making a case for the utility of an electric truck. Overall I think they've set down a very solid baseline.

I expect this thing to sell really well, but I'm particularly interested in how the commercial side sells. My company runs a small fleet of pickups, but they haul a lot of stone around, so I'm not sure if the range with that weight would be sufficient. Still, I have to imagine there are plenty of commercial use cases where electric makes sense.

22 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

While I really want to see electric car makers do interesting things with the design of their vehicles, I think Ford probably did the right thing with the Lightning by keeping it in line with the rest of their trucks. It'll help convince a market segment that is probably rather wary of electrification, or at least prevent them from sticking out. Also, being able to leverage the huge scale of F-150 manufacturing as much as possible to keep the price down likely helps.

Even if I do want to see more innovation in the shape of vehicles, I think Ford did a great job putting the space to work. The frunk, complete with power lift, 110 outlets, and a drain really seems quite useful. I drove a pickup in high school for a while, and having a real locking trunk space would have been great.

With the bevy of outlets, bi-directional charging, and what not, I think Ford did a good job of making a case for the utility of an electric truck. Overall I think they've set down a very solid baseline.

I expect this thing to sell really well, but I'm particularly interested in how the commercial side sells. My company runs a small fleet of pickups, but they haul a lot of stone around, so I'm not sure if the range with that weight would be sufficient. Still, I have to imagine there are plenty of commercial use cases where electric makes sense.

Keeping the product close to the ICE version is probably what is needed for a lot of buyers especially when it comes to what is generally a more conservative group like truck buyers.

47 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Keeping the product close to the ICE version is probably what is needed for a lot of buyers especially when it comes to what is generally a more conservative group like truck buyers.

I mean this reason was a big selling point for Tesla back when it was first getting going.