More Biden bux coming ... If you've got kids

It's dumb when the government hands out money like this, considering they are basing whether you get a check or not based on the income you received last year.  The easiest and fairest thing to do is to just give it to everyone, and if you make over a certain amount in the current year, you pay it back at tax time.  

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

It's dumb when the government hands out money like this, considering they are basing whether you get a check or not based on the income you received last year.  The easiest and fairest thing to do is to just give it to everyone, and if you make over a certain amount in the current year, you pay it back at tax time.  

This right here

18 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Nice!   Now back to waiting for RTX cards to be affordable to someone that isn’t lesser nobility.

Fucking your way to a dank GPU, what a flex.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

It's dumb when the government hands out money like this

when_you_accidentally_become_a_part_of_a

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Centrists love nothing more than complicated rules attached to money that is meant to help people.

• Like 1

When both of my kids were in daycare together, we were paying like $2,000 per month... more if it was a 5-week month. HATED THOSE.

That was more than my mortgage and car payment put together.

There were cheaper options, but there are also much more expensive options.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

When both of my kids were in daycare together, we were paying like $2,000 per month... more if it was a 5-week month. HATED THOSE.

I took my daughter out of daycare and into preschool because it was $1000 cheaper. I just had to deal with her for half of my work day. 

8 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

That's dead in the water. Nobody will ever pass a tax credit that will raise the amount of money people might owe at the end of the year. You'd have to put good and clear controls in place to avoid placing more of a tax burden on people come time to do their taxes.

Or, or, or...we could just not care that people over a certain threshold get the money and not bother trying to get it back. What percentage of America even finds itself with that much extra money? Subtract from that the percentage of America making over the threshold but in places with a crazy cost of living.

4 hours ago, ort said:

I am paying $1700 a month for a daycare which is considered middle of the road. The one nearest me is $2200 a month. Fucking crazy 

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is only for 2021, right?

I think it's a one year program and in theory could be extended but 

Prepare yourself for unnecessary paperwork that will not only exclude the wealthiest (fine, whatever, but tax them instead of making the program convoluted) but will end up causing many of the most in need to not get the benefit

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Haha, wow. "Hey, this program appears to be helping people, and in other countries that have a permanent program (Canada) it's lifted something like 90% of children out of poverty. Should we keep it going? Sounds like a bad idea."

What if the republicans take power of the senate and house and presidency in a few years and cut off the program? 😭 Might as well not try!