~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

Other than keeping it alive and in the news cycle, I’m not sure I see the point in the commission. Not one member of congress will get prosecuted or even officially censured. What do Democrats think they’ll get out of this that multiple FBI and who knows how many other intelligence agencies’ investigations? 

Jan 6 doesn’t need to be the Democrats’ “Benghazi”, where they never let it go, and just keep having hearings and inquiries over and over and over again for no other reason than to shake their finger at Republicans while not doing their fucking job. 

43 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Other than keeping it alive and in the news cycle, I’m not sure I see the point in the commission. Not one member of congress will get prosecuted or even officially censured. What do Democrats think they’ll get out of this that multiple FBI and who knows how many other intelligence agencies’ investigations? 

Jan 6 doesn’t need to be the Democrats’ “Benghazi”, where they never let it go, and just keep having hearings and inquiries over and over and over again for no other reason than to shake their finger at Republicans while not doing their fucking job. 

What was the point of a 9/11 Commision?

Officer Sicknick's mother is speaking out.

210526-brian-sicknick-capitol-police-get
WWW.POLITICO.COM

D.C. police officer Michael Fanone, injured while responding to the Jan. 6 attack, is slated to join Gladys Sicknick in some Thursday meetings with senators to discuss “the importance” of an independent investigation into the insurrection.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This tweet in response sums it up:

"Manchin, contemplating a change to Senate procedure to protect majoritarian democracy: "I'm not ready to destroy our government."

Republicans: Literally storm the Capitol to overturn an election and then block an investigation into the coup attempt.

I SENSE A DISCONNECT."

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Mitch McConnel is one of the biggest pieces of shit in Washington. He has single handedly ground the Senata to a HALT for the better part of a decade. How much has congress actuallt accomplished with him there?

All of the GOP wants the Senate to grinds to a halt, he's the just the guy they send out to take the heat for it.

2021-05-28T022030Z_1402550529_RC2OON9ZUX
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Having learned precisely zero lessons from the Capitol riot, the troubled congressman whipped up a Georgia crowd on Thursday night.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. 

It's only a matter of time before Republicans steal more and more legitimate elections and use that to rule like the John Birchers they are. 

I believe that Biden will be the last elected Democrat president, and this will be the last congress in which the Dems have a majority in either house.

14 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I believe that Biden will be the last elected Democrat president, and this will be the last congress in which the Dems have a majority in either house.

I don't know what will happen (too many factors), but I will predict that the Democrats win the popular vote for the both the House and the Presidency for the next 4 elections. Maybe more. Will they control either part? Hard to determine.