~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

I don't remember if we have a dedicated thread for "state GOP attempts to rig the next election", so I'm gonna post this year.

Georgia just passed their election overhaul bill, which includes a provision "allowing state takeovers of local elections." And it case it was too subtle what this legislation was actually about, some white cops forcibly dragged away a black congresswoman while it was being signed

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

This just shows you what a horrible miserable excuse of a human he is. 5 people died. They were his fans, and this is how he treats them. These fools worship the ground he waddles on, and he treats them worse than dirt. If you still love Trump after all this time...boy I don't know.

7 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

This just shows you what a horrible miserable excuse of a human he is. 5 people died. They were his fans, and this is how he treats them. These fools worship the ground he waddles on, and he treats them worse than dirt. If you still love Trump after all this time...boy I don't know.

Yes you do know. :p

12 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

I don't remember if we have a dedicated thread for "state GOP attempts to rig the next election", so I'm gonna post this year.

Georgia just passed their election overhaul bill, which includes a provision "allowing state takeovers of local elections." And it case it was too subtle what this legislation was actually about, some white cops forcibly dragged away a black congresswoman while it was being signed

That would be more appropriate for this topic: 

Also I don't think Glenn realizes that you only get libertarian cred for defending Nazis if you really don't want to. You can't *love* defending Nazis. Breathlessly haranguing anyone and everyone who actually does something about the Nazis really only looks like one thing. 

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

The paper he founded and was most prominent at the time was. She went to that paper because of him and the work he did with Snowden, thinking she had an ally. 

Wasn't it Greenwald and crew massively fucking up on their document handling and not that they intentionally threw Winner under the bus? 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Wasn't it Greenwald and crew massively fucking up on their document handling and not that they intentionally threw Winner under the bus? 

There's no evidence that Greenwald was specifically and personally involved with the failure of source protection for Ms. Winner, but source protection failure (to an amateur level) IS what happened and as far as I know GG has never even commented about that failure. He pretends it never happened. 

23 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

There's no evidence that Greenwald was specifically and personally involved with the failure of source protection for Ms. Winner, but source protection failure (to an amateur level) IS what happened and as far as I know GG has never even commented about that failure. He pretends it never happened. 

13JPBenSmith1-print-videoSixteenByNineJu
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Internal documents show how a source ended up in jail — and the fallout in the newsroom.

Ms. Winner may have thought she was mailing the documents to Mr. Greenwald and Ms. Poitras, who went to great lengths to protect Mr. Snowden. But Mr. Greenwald was in Brazil and when he heard about the document, he was not interested. He told me that he considered its claims about Russian hacking during the 2016 race “wildly overblown” and that it didn’t include direct evidence to persuade him otherwise.

He didn't care because it didn't meet his political agenda

• Shocked 1

WireAP_673481daad694154b3aa82fa8b0a7981_
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Dozens of people arrested in the siege at the U.S. Capitol have apologized and expressed regret as the consequences of their actions sink in

First, the face-painter:

Jacob Chansley, the self-described QAnon Shaman who posed for photos on the Senate dais while sporting face paint and a furry hat with horns, also lacks the enthusiasm he once showed for the riot. A month later, he wrote an apology from jail, asking for understanding as he was coming to grips with his actions.

Confronted with compelling video and photographic evidence in court, dozens of rioters have apologized and expressed regret as the consequences of their actions have started to sink in. The ramifications include potential job losses, financial ruin and possible time behind bars.

Among the most well-known personalities in the Capitol riot to issue an apology is Chansley, the so-called QAnon Shaman from Phoenix who stormed the building while carrying a spear and expressed his disappointment with Trump, who had denied his pardon request.

“We are good people who care deeply about our country,” Chansley wrote.

A month later, a judge who denied Chansley’s bid to be released from jail had questioned whether the Arizona man was still under Trump’s spell, pointing out Chansley said in a CBS “60 Minutes+” interview that he didn’t regret his loyalty to Trump.

And some others:

“Since his arrest, having time to reflect and see how things have revealed themselves, he now realizes he was duped into these mistaken beliefs ” that the election was stolen from President Donald Trump, Zucker wrote.

Colt, who had expressed devotion to Trump and called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a traitor, seemed to recognize the long-term consequences of his actions in the Capitol in the minutes before his arrest as he spoke on the video, later posted by KBOI-TV.

“I never intended to do anything that would bring a black eye to my family, country, me,” he said, adding that he had received death threats.

Regret has struck some rioters sooner than others.

The day after Chad Jones allegedly swung a flag pole at police just outside the House chamber, he told a friend he was an “idiot,” adding he knew he was “in big trouble,” according to court documents.

He was right. A week later a federal complaint charged him with, among other things, using a weapon — the flag pole — to assault an officer. The charges carry a maximum 60 years in prison.