~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It wouldn't be "neutral" or "objective" journalism to not both sides it because they're beholden to the idea that there's ALWAYS two sides to every story. This is why pretty much every major article follows a "he said...but SHE said..." format. And it's the same reason shit like climate change denialism gets platformed as being equally worth talking about as climate change science, there's always a second side and it's a side that even has "official" (elected Republicans, paid off scientists) you can get quotes from instead of "injecting yourself into the story". 

It's an institutional failure because they're literally trained it's not their job to gatekeep the information from the readers. And even if the reporters want to do it differently the editors will enforce it.

This is also why access journalism like covering the White House press briefings is seen as prestigious within the profession, BTW. They rank how "official" information is in large part by how high the office is that a quote is coming from. And what's more of an "official" source in that context than what's coming straight from the White House?

An emotional Rep. Adam Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the panel, choked up as he began his allotted questioning time.

He praised the officers for their actions on Jan. 6 and condemned how other Republicans are handling the inquiries about the riot as a partisan brawl.

"I'm a Republican, I'm a conservative," he said, adding, "It's time to stop the outrage and the conspiracies" and "we need to reject those who promote it."

Kinzinger added he's on the panel "to investigate Jan. 6 not in spite of my membership in the Republican Party, but because of it."

Not to underplay the crimes of jan 6th he says, in a segment about jan 6th spent attacking one of the police officers who was beaten, making fun of their psychological trauma, and then dropping it completely to talk about how bad black people are.

I do really wish people like tucker would have a least a tiny amount of empathy so that they could see the best course of action is to kill themselves to make the world a better place. I mean does he not even REALIZE the world would be better if he just ate a bullet? 

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I do really wish people like tucker would have a least a tiny amount of empathy so that they could see the best course of action is to kill themselves to make the world a better place. I mean does he not even REALIZE the world would be better if he just ate a bullet? 

Maybe you could force feed him one.

17 minutes ago, Brick said:

Maybe you could force feed him one.

I think it’s ridiculous that someone should have to force remove him from this earth when he could very easily just do it himself if he had any conscious whatsoever.

18 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

cops are reactionaries so no shock that they don't care about their own members because the assault of the capital was apparently good, actually

I know someone who works for the national FOP organization. 👀

I wish I could visit the alternate dimension where the Jan 6 events were 100% identical but were perpetrated by mostly black people carrying BLM and Antifa flags at the behest of a democrat president who had an identical rally... and see how these exact same people would view the events.

I'm pretty sure Fox News would be showing the most disturbing footage on non-stop loop for roughly the next 50 years straight. They would probably have to launch a second channel that exists only to discuss that days events. An MTV2 kinda deal, only it would be about Jan 6 only. 24/7/365.