~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

unknown.png

Are we at all surprised that Toyota donated to people that denied certification, given this list of their factories? And I even forgot to highlight San Antonio, Texas. 

Mississippi? Alabama? Tennessee and Kentucky? Come on. This is an east A to B.

Just now, CayceG said:

unknown.png

Are we at all surprised that Toyota donated to people that denied certification, given this list of their factories? And I even forgot to highlight San Antonio, Texas. 

They're anti UAW

29 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Seems like a lost cause for Toyota.  I doubt any of the MAGA crowd would by a non-American vehicle.

?m=02&d=20191030&t=2&i=1446641294&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Major automakers are siding with the Trump administration in its bid to bar California from setting its own fuel efficiency rules or zero-emission requirements for vehicles, the companies said in a filing with a U.S. appeals court late on Monday.

NY Times did an amazing 40 minute documentary on the insurrection

30vid-capitol-videoSixteenByNineJumbo160
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A six-month Times investigation has synchronized and mapped out thousands of videos and police radio communications from the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, providing the most complete picture to date of what happened — and why.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

NY Times did an amazing 40 minute documentary on the insurrection

30vid-capitol-videoSixteenByNineJumbo160
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A six-month Times investigation has synchronized and mapped out thousands of videos and police radio communications from the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, providing the most complete picture to date of what happened — and why.

I highly recommend watching this if you want to rage yourself into rectal prolapse.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

It's infuriating that anyone can look at that footage and think it was mostly peaceful protests, and tourists. Fuck those lying bastards. 

Especially the turd congressman who was seen barricading the doors and then said "you would think it was a tour group."

15 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Especially the turd congressman who was seen barricading the doors and then said "you would think it was a tour group."

I would love someone to call them on their bullshit to their face with video evidence.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
JOHNGANZ.SUBSTACK.COM

What Do The Two Events Really Have In Common?

Whatever you want to call it, I think it’s clear from Jan 6 2021 that a major potential, if not a teleological end-point, of American right-wing politics is some kind of violent attempt on the democratic order.

210721123809-reps-banks-jordan-split-sup
WWW.CNN.COM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday rejected the appointment of two Republicans who objected to the certification of the November election, Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio and Jim Banks of Indiana, to the House select committee that's investigating the January 6 insurrection.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday rejected the appointment of two Republicans who objected to the certification of the November election, Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio and Jim Banks of Indiana, to the House select committee that's investigating the January 6 insurrection.

Pelosi said in a statement she was accepting three of the five Republicans named by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy earlier this week, but she would not allow Jordan and Banks to serve on the committee.

"With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee," Pelosi said. "The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision."

On 6/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, CayceG said:

unknown.png

Toyota also has a HQ building Plano Texas. 

210620192858-02-capitol-riots-0106-super
WWW.CNN.COM

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered Capitol rioter and ex-Army Ranger Robert Morss to remain in jail before trial, ruling that he was too dangerous to release and slamming him for using his military training to help organize the mob and eventually breach the Capitol.

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered Capitol rioter and ex-Army Ranger Robert Morss to remain in jail before trial, ruling that he was too dangerous to release and slamming him for using his military training to help organize the mob and eventually breach the Capitol.

This came hours after the Justice Department released new videos of Morss, which the judge said show how he took on an impromptu leadership role in the attack, coordinating with other rioters and instigating clashes with police.

"He is willing to use his training or experience to organize with the rioters on January 6 ... thereby making their actions more effective, more forceful and more violent" Magistrate Judge Michael Harvey said. Harvey went on to say that the rioters "appeared disorganized" until Morss, who was "in his element" as a former Army Ranger, began issuing instructions.

I think that thread illustrates that the media at large has not only come to terms with Republican bad faith, but has accepted it as reality! They give it no critical coverage whatsoever. That's just How It Works these days and we'll report on it knowing that! 

It's infuriating.

It wouldn't be "neutral" or "objective" journalism to not both sides it because they're beholden to the idea that there's ALWAYS two sides to every story. This is why pretty much every major article follows a "he said...but SHE said..." format. And it's the same reason shit like climate change denialism gets platformed as being equally worth talking about as climate change science, there's always a second side and it's a side that even has "official" (elected Republicans, paid off scientists) you can get quotes from instead of "injecting yourself into the story". 

It's an institutional failure because they're literally trained it's not their job to gatekeep the information from the readers. And even if the reporters want to do it differently the editors will enforce it.

17 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I think that thread illustrates that the media at large has not only come to terms with Republican bad faith, but has accepted it as reality! They give it no critical coverage whatsoever. That's just How It Works these days and we'll report on it knowing that! 

It's infuriating.

The press in this country has always been worthless. It has always carried water for government employees acting in bad faith. I'm including its mealy mouthed reporting on police misconduct with "government employees acting in bad faith". It's nothing new, it's just the these people acting in bad faith have caught on to how worthlessly spinless the press is and have taken more and more advantage of it.