Breaking: suspected car bomb explosion in downtown Nashville

A truck drove through Walter Hill, TN playing an evacuation message, before parking along a (seemingly) empty road. Police are investigating with bomb squads/robots. Video shows the truck has a Trump sticker on it. I am guess this wasn't an actual bomb, but rather someone copying the idea of playing an evacuation message to "own the libs" and scare people, or something. At least I hope.

• Guillotine 2

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

The first conspiracies are coming out now. My mom texted me and asked if I had heard anything about it being a missile that struck the AT&T building and it being about the Georgia voting system stuff. Where did she get this?

She saw people "throwing in their 2 cents" on the local news Facebook posts. 

I told her to not pay attention to that bullshit. 

I started seeing "it was a missile" all over Twitter today because "if it was a truck bomb, then why are there bricks in the street? They should have been blown outward".  Apparently everyone has turned into demolition/ballistic experts. 

6 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I started seeing "it was a missile" all over Twitter today because "if it was a truck bomb, then why are there bricks in the street? They should have been blown outward".  Apparently everyone has turned into demolition/ballistic experts. 

My favorite has been , " Where's the crater?" They think they should get something like this

This Mineral Discovery Ended An Age-Old Debate About Meteor Crater

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This is probably a question that I don't want to know the answer to, but where do the people who believe it was a missile believe the missile came from? Are these the same people who think China invaded Maine right after the election?

The "Deep State" which I think is Georgia. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm seeing people now say that the RV had dominion voting machines and this is how "they" are getting rid of the evidence. Lol. How stupid do people have to be to believe this? Why wouldn't "they" just destroy them wherever they were being held before, or in a desert or something?

I guess it makes equally as much sense as "Building 7 collapsed during 9/11 because that's where all the secret 9/11 plans were"

Media headline when white person commits a crime: Hero for the hungry: Yes Jeffrey Dahmer ate people, but before he did he offered his victims a full meal. This act of compassion was normal for the mild-mannered and kindly man.

Media headline when a person of color is killed by the police: He was no angel: our sources say the alleged "victim" borrowed a pencil in kindergarten. That pencil? It was never returned. Was it sold to finance drug deals? Perhaps. Our source in the police department says it is probable.

24 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm pretty curious about the motive. He killed only himself; I wonder if he meant for the bomb to go off at that time or if he was going to put it somewhere else and leave.

I haven’t paid attention to all the developments, wasn’t the car parked there for a while?  Seems unlikely you just sit there for that long with a bomb unless you’re planning on going with it.  Looking at the video from before, it might not even be a case of the cop being lucky, the guy in the RV might have intentionally been waiting for him to walk away.  There’s no way to be sure, but it definitely seems like this person made choices specifically to avoid killing anyone other than themselves.  

18 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I haven’t paid attention to all the developments, wasn’t the car parked there for a while?  Seems unlikely you just sit there for that long with a bomb unless you’re planning on going with it.  Looking at the video from before, it might not even be a case of the cop being lucky, the guy in the RV might have intentionally been waiting for him to walk away.  There’s no way to be sure, but it definitely seems like this person made choices specifically to avoid killing anyone other than themselves.  

Overnight, basically. From around 1am, so about 5 hours. 

35 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Looking at the video from before, it might not even be a case of the cop being lucky, the guy in the RV might have intentionally been waiting for him to walk away. 

Wasn't there an audible countdown? The cop didn't have to be lucky he just had to be smart enough to stay away till the countdown was over.

21 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah, call me crazy but if you’re NOT planning on going boom, it seems an odd choice to sit with your bomb for that long and do seemingly nothing.

Maybe. Who knows what he was doing in there. Maybe napping? Reciting a hadith? Cranking one out?

No one will know.

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Wasn't there an audible countdown? The cop didn't have to be lucky he just had to be smart enough to stay away till the countdown was over.

There was, but that cop seen in the video was interviewed and he said he felt the urge to turn around and check on his other cop partner in that moment. Nothing to do with the countdown.