Breaking: suspected car bomb explosion in downtown Nashville

If this was an infrastructure attack (which it very much appears to be), then this is what is rattling around in my mind:

- Did the perpetrator get "lucky" and really unintentionally cause this much disruption? or

- Did the perpetrator know that this attack would cause this level of disruption which means it's someone who has knowledge of the telecom system in the area?

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If this was an infrastructure attack (which it very much appears to be), then this is what is rattling around in my mind:

- Did the perpetrator get "lucky" and really unintentionally cause this much disruption? or

- Did the perpetrator know that this attack would cause this level of disruption which means it's someone who has knowledge of the telecom system in the area?

I had the same thought earlier. I think it's more likely that it's an accidental wide ranging effect because the knowledge of what taking out a central hub would do is a very small portion of the population. 

I also think that this is probably all it will be. When we say "this seems like the beginning of something bigger" because of the wide ranging communications effects, we're basing that off movies and books and what we THINK would happen in some massive terror attack. I hope I'm right in saying that most people that would do something like this really only have the resources to do just one thing. 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't like this stuff because there's just really nothing at all to go on with these backgrounds. 

It could be that S Mc G is just the account that the security camera thing is associated with. And there's been no reason to post anything publicly from the camera until now. 

Also, the account with the other videos isn't the same account. I don't know how much S Mc G really narrows things down. 

For one, S McG is definitely Irish. And a few videos with clearly Irish content... isn't surprising. 

But that doesn't mean that S Mc G is the same person. There's a lot of Sxxx McGxxx's in the world. I'm not ready to give this one the full Pepe Silvia. 

56 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Those videos are...interesting.

Two of them contain footage from RTE, the Irish state broadcaster.

The warning before today's bombing is similar to those issued by the IRA before their bombings in the UK.

Punishing us for our black and tan infatuation? 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Those videos are...interesting.

Two of them contain footage from RTE, the Irish state broadcaster.

The warning before today's bombing is similar to those issued by the IRA before their bombings in the UK.

A bit OT, but speaking of the IRA, the book my wife got me for Christmas this year is Say Nothing, looking forward to reading that one. 

11 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A bit OT, but speaking of the IRA, the book my wife got me for Christmas this year is Say Nothing, looking forward to reading that one. 

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I read that back in the Spring. It was excellent. I'd known very little about the IRA before.

11 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Thanks. I don't know a whole lot about it so I'm really looking forward to it

I received Say Nothing for Christmas last year - it's an EXCELLENT book!

Press conference in approximately 30 minutes. I'll see if anything winds up being revealed other than "We know who we're looking for in order to question them."

Hopefully we'll get more. 

Also, I'm curious as to how much this is penetrating the news elsewhere. Obviously it's all over my local news, but I have no impression for how far it's being covered nationally. 

The authorities here didn't say anything about a person of interest in their press conference. 

But there is activity at a house south of town, where police are investigating. 

CBS is reporting that a person of interest has been named. 

And since I am a knower of things, I checked out the address they're at. It's on Google Maps... and this is in the yard:

unknown.png?width=1304&height=669

Even better, the owner matches the name of the person of interest reported by CBS. 

And even stranger than that, I pulled the deed to the property. It was sold by the guy one month ago to some lady in LA for $0.00. 

Now... The person of interest could have been named just because some neighbor called in the RV tip to the Feds and they did what I did--looked his name up, found his address, and now they're at his place. 

I'm not familiar as to why the house would be sold for $0.00 to someone in LA literally one month ago... But I'm sure they'll be knocking on her door as well. 

• Shocked 3