Disney To Launch 20 Marvel & ‘Star Wars’ TV Series Over The Next Few Years

Disney had their streaming investor day today and they unleashed a ton of news.

Disney+ has reached 86.8M subscribers in the first year.

It seems that perhaps the Mulan pricing wasn't the failure that we assumed, because Raya and the Last Dragon will come to Disney+ "Premier Access" day and date with theaters. It'll cost the same $35 that Mulan cost.

Over the next few years we can expect 10 Marvel shows, 10 Star Wars shows, plus 15 live-action, animated, and Pixar shows and 15 other live-action, animated, and Pixar features.

Don't expect big blockbusters to go strait to Disney+ a la Warner.

FX is creating an Alien TV series helmed by Noah Hawley with Redley Scott in as EP.

There's also a bunch of stuff about Disney launching a "Star" streaming service in February in various markets around the world.

I don't even give a shit about Star Wars anymore, full stop. The world has lost its wonder, the characters have lost their luster, I well and truly just don't give a shit. So go ahead, Disney. The only thing that might even move the needle for me is a new KOTOR game, or a remake of the first two.

• Guillotine 1

ahsoka-tano-e1606469536359.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Just as we told you, a Mandalorian spinoff series is already in the works from Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, in fact there are two: The Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka Tano, that famed Clone …

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

WWW.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.COM

star wars, star wars lightsabers,star wars lightsaber,darth vader,star wars light saber,star wars clone wars,star war,darth vader pictures,darth vader,r2d2,yoda,vader,anakin,darth vader lightsaber,stormtrooper,darth vader lightsaber,jedi,padme,sith,darth maul,darth vader clone,unleashed darth vader,wars darth vader,rebelscum star wars,droid star wars,grievous star wars,clone trooper,star...

3 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Also:

I don't know why they'd bother with Hayden Christensen after he's donned the suit. I know no one can replace David Prowse, but costume/suit acting is very different and it requires a lot of physicality. I actually thought Hayden was very good in Revenge of the Sith, and I dislike all the prequels, including Sith, so I'm not against it on its face per se.

I just think you need someone who can mimic David Prowse's physicality and physical acting/motions/movements while in the suit, and I dunno if that's Hayden. Maybe it is. I feel like it'd be more important to get James Earl Jones, right? I assume he'll be dubbing over Hayden Christensen? I'm all for consistency, but if they're going to do that why even bother getting Hayden in the first place? Spoiler for Mandalorian:

Spoiler

And this is someone who thought Temuera Morrison killed it as Boba Fett in The Mandalorian despite really hating the retconning of Boba's iconic voice in the OT into Temuera Morrison's voice post prequel trilogy release.

Also, while I love all of the creatives announced for all of these Star Wars shows, it's all too much. Flooding the market will make keeping up with it all a bit tiring and exhausting. It's why I stopped following the CW Arrowverse. But I'll definitely try to check each show out to see. 

@Greatoneshere I have to imagine getting Christensen back means that we'll see Vader without his helmet on. Scenes of him meditating, or whatever within his sealed pod, or a sterile room that while maybe not go without the full suit, would allow him to have his mask off. We know he does take it off from time to time based on seeing the back of his head in Empire, and the bacta tank scene in Rogue One.